Clonotril 0.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Clonotril 0.5 MG Description
Clonotril 0.5 mg is indicated for the treatment and prevention of anxiety and epilepsy. Anxiety refers to persistent fear, worry and restlessness that disrupts normal life. Epilepsy refers to certain
abnormal activity in the brain that leads to seizures. Clonotril 0.5 mg has Clonazepam as an active ingredient. Clonazepam belongs to Benzodiazepines, a class of medicines. Clonazepam helps increase the level of certain chemicals in the brain that cause a calming effect. Thus, it helps the patient concentrate better and feel active in general. Clonotril is taken with a doctor’s recommendation only.
Uses of Clonotril 0.5 MG
- Treatment of anxiety.
- Treatment of epilepsy.
- Manages symptoms of sleep disorders.
- Manages symptoms of panic disorders.
Contraindications of Clonotril 0.5 MG
Side effects of Clonotril 0.5 MG
- Difficulty in concentration
- Muscle weakness
- Uncoordinated body movements
- Impaired memory
- This is not an exhaustive list; please consult your doctor if any side effect does not go away on their own or increase over time.
Precautions and Warnings of Clonotril 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are facing issues with vision.
- You are having trouble breathing.
- You notice a change in behaviour or have suicidal thoughts.
- You notice an allergic reaction to the medication.
- You have to start taking any other medication. You should inform the doctor if you are planning to take any vitamins or supplements along with the medication, even if the supplement is herbal, ayurvedic or any other category....
- Not recommended for children below 18 years of age because of its habit-forming characteristic.
- Be regular with the dose; Do not stop taking the dose if you start feeling better without consulting your doctor. It can worsen the situation.
Mode of Action of Clonotril 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clonotril 0.5 MG
- Clonotril is to be taken as per the doctor’s recommendation only.
- It is usually taken as a long term medication and can be prescribed 2-3 times a day.
- Take as advised by the doctor and preferably at the same time. It can be taken with or without but should be taken with food, preferably to avoid stomach problems.
- The tablet has to be swallowed whole orally with a glass of water. The tablet should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Interactions of Clonotril 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti Anxiety drugs
- Anti Epileptic drugs
- Anti-HIV drugs
- Anti-tubercular drugs
Interactions with food items
- Alcohol: Avoid consuming alcohol with Clonotril 0.5 mg as it can increase side effects such as dizziness, lightheadedness and drowsiness.
Storage and disposal of Clonotril 0.5 MG
Dosage of Clonotril 0.5 MG
- Do not take medicine more than the advised dosage. In case of an allergic reaction like swelling of the face or tongue, rush to the hospital. Overdose can exhibit severe side effects.
- Seek immediate help in case of overdose. Do not give it to someone you feel has the same symptoms; it can lead to overdose.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Clonotril habit-forming?
Q: Can I take Clonotril with my sleeping pill?
- Do not take Clonotril with any other sleeping pill, as it can increase the chances of side effects. Inform your doctor about all the medications you are currently having.