Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gm
By HEGDE AND HEGDE PHARMACEUTICA LLP
20g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clonate Ointment contains Clobestol. It is a steroidal Ointment that is to be applied to the skin. It is used to reduce various disorders associated with skin such as red bumpy scaly patches (Psoriasi
s), severe itching associated with heat or sweating, purple-coloured patches with itching and swelling (Lichen planus). This Ointment should be used as per the directions given by the doctor. This Ointment should not be used for any other skin conditions other than it is prescribed for. Using this Ointment for any other conditions can worsen the existing skin disorders. It should not be overused or over applied. It should not be discontinued without consulting the doctor. In case you experience any severe side effects then contact your doctor immediately....
Uses of Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gm
- For the treatment of skin conditions such as Psoriasis.
Contraindications of Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gm
- If you are allergic to Clobetasol propionate or any of the ingredients of Clonate Ointment.
- If you have acne.
- If you have itchy skin (Pruritis) without inflammation.
- If you have itching in the genital or anal area.
- If you have rashes and redness around the mouth.
Side effects of Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gm
- Itching at the site of application
- Burning sensation at the site of application
- Dry Skin
- Pigmentation issues
- Increased acne
Precautions and Warnings of Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gm
Can I use this medicine during pregnancy?
There is no information available on the safe use of Clonate Ointment during pregnancy. Topical steroids are associated with foetal abnormalities if absorbed in a significant amount. Therefore, it should only be used if the benefits outweigh the risks and it should be used for the smallest possible duration in a minimum dosage.
Can I use Clonate Ointment while breastfeeding?
There is no information available on the safety of Clonate Ointment in lactating women. Hence, it should only be considered if the expected benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the infant. Avoid application on areas near the breast to prevent accidental ingestion by a breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have applied Clonate Ointment?
There is no significant evidence of the effect of this medication on driving.
Can I consume alcohol after using this Ointment?
There is no known interaction of this medication with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an infection or allergy while using this medicine, inform your doctor.
- Please make sure to clean the skin before applying this medicine and do not apply near the eyes or eyelids.
- You should not use this Ointment for more than 5 days, specifically on the face. If there is no improvement in the infection consult your doctor.
- Prolonged use of this Ointment is associated with a disease called Cushing syndrome characterised by fatty hump between shoulders, round swollen face and purple-coloured stretch marks.
Mode of Action of Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gm
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts by decreasing the action of chemicals responsible for causing the swelling and itching in the body. Thus, it is used for treating skin conditions such as psoriasis, allergies and ec
Directions for Use of Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gm
- You should apply the specified amount to the affected area as advised by the doctor.
- Clean the skin before applying for medicine.
- Apply a thin layer of the Ointment on the affected area.
- Avoid contact with eyes and do not ingest the medication.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying the medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Interactions of Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Clonate Ointment should be applied to the skin locally to the affected area. Hence, it is unlikely to interact with any other medications. However, it is important to avoid using any other skincare product over this Ointment. It might interfere with the effect of this Ointment....Read more
- It is also important to inform your doctor about all the medicines that are being used and any underlying medical conditions.
Storage and disposal of Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gm
- Clonate Ointment should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and moist areas.
- Keep it away from children.
- Discard the expired product and do not use it beyond the stated expiry date.
Dosage of Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gm
- Chances of an overdose are unlikely as it is meant for topical application. However, significant misuse and excess application can lead to symptoms like easy bruising, increased acne or facial hair, thinning of the skin and menstrual problems. If you have applied too much of this Ointment wipe off the extra Ointment with the help of cotton or tissue....Read more
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not
take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any habitual tendencies associated with this medicine?
A: There is no evidence of any habitual tendencies with this medicine.
Q: Can this medicine be used as an antifungal?
A: This medicine is not antifungal. It is a very potent steroid that reduces skin inflammation.
Q: Is the use of Clonate Ointment dangerous?
A: A severe allergic reaction is rare. However, it is advisable to get medical help if you observe any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction such as rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness or difficulty in breathing.
Q: Can I use this medication on my 4-month-old child?
A: No, do not use this Ointment in children as their skin is delicate and can lead to significant absorption and associated side effects.
Q: Can I use this medicine if I am pregnant or planning to have a child?
A: No, you should not use this Ointment if you are pregnant or planning for a baby. Significant absorption from the skin can lead to foetal abnormalities. However, the doctor may perhaps prescribe it if the benefits of the treatment outweigh the risks.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved