Clofranil 50mg Tablet
Clofranil 50 MG Description
Clofranil 50mg is a medication that belongs to the antidepressants class of medications. It contains the active substance Clomipramine. It is used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), muscul
ar weakness associated with repeat attacks of sleepiness (narcolepsy). It can manage depression in patients who are unresponsive to other medicines. It also soothes the brain by reducing nerve cell activity that is excessive or abnormal. This medicine should not be taken without the consultation of a doctor. Take the medication at the same time of the day with or without food. Even if you feel better, do not stop taking it until your doctor recommends you. Sudden stoppage can lead to serious health issues.
|You Save||₹21.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Depression, Panic disorder, Chronic pain|
|Side effects||Dryness in the mouth Constipation Ejaculation disorder Difficulty in urination Dizziness Fatigue Weight gain Drowsiness|
Uses of Clofranil 50 MG
- The main uses of the medicine include obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression, panic disorder.
Contraindications of Clofranil 50 MG
Side effects of Clofranil 50 MG
- Dryness in mouth
- Ejaculation disorder
- Difficulty in urination
- Increased appetite
- Loss of appetite
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Clofranil 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have to start other medications.
- You notice allergic reactions.
- Your condition does not improve or worsen after taking the medication.
Mode of Action of Clofranil 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clofranil 50 MG
- You should take Clofranil 50mg tablets in the same dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- It should be swallowed as a whole with water.
- It should not be chewed or crushed. Do not break the tablet.
- You should take Clofranil 50mg tablets with food.
- You should take it at a fixed time daily.
- Do not stop or change the dose of the medicine without consulting the doctor.
Interactions of Clofranil 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should consult your doctor if you are taking the following medicines with Clofranil 50mg tablets:
- Anticholinergic- When Clofranil 50mg tablets are given in combination with anticholinergics like dicylomine, hyperexcitation states or delirium (serious disturbance in mental abilities) may occur, as well as attacks of glaucoma (a condition of increased pressure within the eyeball, causing gradual loss of sight)....
- Diuretics like furosemide -When Clofranil 50mg tablets are given in combination with diuretics they may lead to hypokalemia.
- Clofranil 50mg tablets may increase the cardiovascular effects of noradrenaline or adrenaline, amphetamine, as well as nasal drops and local anaesthetics (e.g., isoprenaline, ephedrine, phenylephrine)....
- Neuroleptic agents(e.g: phenothiazines and butyrophenones) - When Clofranil 50mg tablets are given in combination with Neuroleptic agents it results in increased plasma concentrations Clofranil of a lowered...
- seizure threshold.
- Thioridazine- When Clofranil 50mg tablets are given in combination with thioridazine they may cause cardiac arrhythmias (an irregular heartbeat).
- Estrogens- When Clofranil 50mg tablets are given in combination with estrogens, the dose of Clofranil 50mg tablets should be decreased as steroid hormones inhibit the metabolism of clomipramine.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit, grapefruit juice as they may interact with Clofranil 50mg tablets and increase the levels of Clofranil in the body leading to more adverse effects.
Storage and disposal of Clofranil 50 MG
Dosage of Clofranil 50 MG
Missed a Dose
DR. Pallavi Kaushik
BDS & Masters in Clinical Research
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology