Cloba Mt 10mg Tablet
Cloba Mt 10 MG Description
Cloba Mt 10 mg tablet is an anti-epileptic/anti-seizure medicine used to treat seizure(fits) disorders in patients with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome(type of seizure disorder). It has Clobazam as its activ
e ingredient, which belongs to a class of medicine called Benzodiazepines. Clobazam acts on GABA-A receptors(gamma aminobutyric acid) in the brain and inhibits the excessive activity of the brain cells, therefore suppressing seizures(fits). GABA is gamma-aminobutyric acid, a naturally occurring chemical messenger in the brain responsible for suppressing brain activity(inhibitory neurotransmitter). Benzodiazepines also produce sedation, and drowsiness, relax muscle tone and relieve anxiety. Epilepsy or seizure(fits) is sudden uncontrollable excessive nerve(brain cell) activity in the brain associated with movements and changes in your consciousness. A doctor can only make the diagnosis of epilepsy/seizure disorder. Cloba Mt 10 mg Tablet is a prescription medicine. Your doctor should recommend the dose and duration of the medicine. The common side effects of Cloba Mt 10 mg tablet are sedation, drowsiness, fatigue, constipation, drooling, violent behavior, painful urination, altered breathing, and hyperpyrexia(fever). Do not stop the medicine abruptly or skip the doses, or overdose. The medicine should not be stopped even if you feel well. The doctor will slowly reduce the dose if it is no longer required. Sudden stoppage of the medicine can result in seizures(fits) and withdrawal symptoms. The caregivers or family members are advised to closely observe the patients for any behavioral changes or mood changes(feelings/thoughts). Do not give Cloba Mt 10 mg tablet to anyone who has the same symptoms or does not use it for any other condition.
|You Save||₹20.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Seizure disorder/Epilepsy (Lennox Gustaut syndrome) and Severe anxiety|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, Drooling, Constipation, Cough, Pain with urination, Fever, Acting aggressive, being angry or violent, Tiredness and difficulty sleeping, Problems with breathing, Slurred speech.|
Uses of Cloba Mt 10 MG
- 1)Treats seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Lennox-Gastaut syndrome is a seizure disorder in children characterized by multiple types of seizure(fits).
- 2)Severe anxiety; symptomatic relief.
Contraindications of Cloba Mt 10 MG
- If you are allergic to Cloba Mt 10 mg tablet or any of its constituents(develop skin blisters, rashes and mouth sores) or If you develop any severe side effects following the consumption of the tablet(excessive talking or activity, panic attack, behavioral changes)...
Side effects of Cloba Mt 10 MG
- Pain with urination
- Acting aggressive, being angry, or violent
- Tiredness and difficulty sleeping
- Problems with breathing
- Slurred speech
- These are some of the common side effects of Cloba Mt 10 mg tablets, which generally do not require any medical attention and gradually subside on their own. Please consult your doctor for more information....
Precautions and Warnings of Cloba Mt 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- 1)You have any lung, liver or kidney problems.
- 2)You are on medications for treatment of depression, seizures(fits), or mood disorders.
- 3)You develop a severe allergic reaction to the medicine.
- 4)You experience persistent side effects which worsen over time.
- 5)You have a history of alcoholism.
- 6)If you are pregnant or a nursing mother, or planning to conceive.
- 7)If you use birth control medicines.
- 8)Age less than two years.
Mode of Action of Cloba Mt 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cloba Mt 10 MG
- Do not start the medicine without consulting a doctor.
- Your doctor should prescribe the dose and duration of the medicine.
- The medicine has to be taken orally with or without food with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily. It can be taken whole or broken in half along the score as recommended.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine or skip doses.
- Follow your doctor's instructions carefully and regularly to get the maximum benefit.
- In cases of persistent side effects or severe allergic reactions, consult your doctor immediately.
Interactions of Cloba Mt 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- 1)Opioids and Clobazam (Cloba Mt 10 mg tablet); increased risk of breathing difficulties and cessation of breathing
- 2)Oral contraceptive pills(birth control pills) and Clobazam (Cloba Mt 10 mg tablet); contraceptive failure
- 3)Fluconazole(treats fungal infection); increases blood levels of Clobazam and its toxicity
- 4)Omeprazole(treats acidity and stomach ulcers); increases blood levels of Clobazam and its toxicity