Clindaris Gel 20gm
By ZYRIS DERMA CARE PVT LTD
20g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clindaris 1 %W/W Description
Clindaris Gel is a topical antibiotic used to treat acne. It contains clindamycin as an active component. Clindamycin helps to inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria. It is meant only for extern
al application and should be applied exactly as recommended by the doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects while using Clindaris Gel, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to the doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
|Side effects||Skin dryness, irritation, urge to scratch, skin oiliness|
Check more medicines with composition as Clindamycin(1.0 %W/W)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Clindaris Gel 20gm
- Clinpeu 1% Tube Of 20gm GelBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd20g Gel in TubeMRP 149.00₹ 126.6512.08% CHEAPER₹ 6.33/Gram
- Clindot 1% Gel 20gmBy Brinton Pharmaceuticals Limited20g Gel in TubeMRP 178.00₹ 153.08₹ 7.65/Gram
- Clinred 1% GelBy Encore Healthcare Pvt Ltd20g Gel in TubeMRP 131.00₹ 111.3522.64% CHEAPER₹ 5.57/Gram
- Clindac A 1% Tube Of 20gm GelBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd20g Gel in TubeMRP 225.00₹ 191.25₹ 9.56/Gram
Uses of Clindaris 1 %W/W
Clindaris Gel for the treatment of acne.
Contraindications of Clindaris 1 %W/W
- If you have an allergy to clindamycin, lincomycin or other ingredients of the Clindaris Gel.
- If you have a digestive disorder like inflammation in the inner lining of the intestine (colitis) or have a history of antibiotic-associated colitis.
Side effects of Clindaris 1 %W/W
- Skin dryness
- Urge to scratch
- Skin oiliness
Precautions and Warnings of Clindaris 1 %W/W
Can I use Clindaris Gel during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of the medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use Clindaris Gel unless it is prescribed by the doctor.
Can I use Clindaris Gel while breastfeeding?
Clindaris Gel needs to be applied to the skin. Hence, it may pass into the breastmilk. However, it should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mothers as there may be chances of ingestion by a breastfed infant. Avoid using on large areas of skin for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Clindaris Gel?
Clindaris Gel is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol during the treatment with Clindaris Gel?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Clindaris Gel.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop an allergic reaction after using Clindaris Gel
- You are using products containing benzoyl peroxide because concomitant use should be avoided.
- You should not apply it on the eyes, mouth, and cuts or wounds on your skin, as caution should be exercised when applying medication around the areas.
- You may have a genetic tendency to develop allergic diseases like rhinitis, asthma, etc., as caution is advised.
- You may experience burning or irritation on the skin. The doctor may suggest you discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Clindaris 1 %W/W
How Does It Work?
Clindamycin in Clindaris Gel acts by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis, which is required by bacteria to grow and its function. Hence, it stops the growth of bacteria and prevents spreading.
Directions for Use of Clindaris 1 %W/W
- Clindaris Gel is meant for external use only.
- Use as directed by a doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions from the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds; rub it gently.
- Wash hands before and after using the medicine unless the hands are the area to be treated.
- Do not use it for a longer time than the doctor suggested.
- Do not apply on windburned or sunburned skin or open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside the nose.
- In case the eyes come in contact with the medicine rinse the eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Clindaris 1 %W/W
Interactions with other medicines
- Clindaris Gel is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, may interact with other topical medicines. Discuss with the doctor if you are already on other topical medicines....
- Concomitant use of the medicine along with blood thinners like warfarin, acenocoumarol, and fluindione may increase blood clotting time.
- If you are going to have surgery in those cases, anaesthetics or medicines used to paralyse the muscles should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Clindaris 1 %W/W
- Store Clindaris Gel below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Clindaris 1 %W/W
- As Clindaris Gel is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you applied extra quantity then wipe out the excess with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed applying Clindaris Gel, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply the medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying for Clindaris Gel?
- Do not use it for a longer duration than the doctor has suggested.
- Do not apply Clindaris Gel on windburned, sunburned skin or on open wounds.
- Do not use the medicine in or around the eye area, lips or inside of the nose.
- Rub it gently and well.
- Wash the hands after applying it.
Q: For how long do I need to apply Clindaris Gel?
A: Keep using Clindaris Gel for the full time of treatment, even if your symptoms begin to clear up after a short time. If you stop using the medicine too soon, your acne may return or get worse.
Q: Can I put Clindaris Gel in the freezer?
A: No, do not let Clindaris Gel freeze, as it may alter its efficacy. Store it at room temperature only.
Q: Can I apply Clindaris Gel in an excess amount for fast healing?
A: No, if you use Clindaris Gel more often than recommended or on large areas of the body, it may cause hormonal imbalance. In children, this may affect the growth and development. Usually, it is not used for children below 12 years old unless it is prescribed by a dermatologist depending upon the clinical condition.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clindamycin Phosphate Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clindamycin (Topical Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed