Clavam Drops Description
Clavam drops is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. This medicine is spe
cially designed for use in children and should be used under an adult’s supervision. Clavam drops is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. Before giving this medicine to your child, inform your doctor if your child is allergic to any antibiotics or has experienced any allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child.
Uses of Clavam Drops
Contraindications of Clavam Drops
- If your child is allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Clavam drops.
- If your child has a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotics like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If your child had liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Clavam Drops
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Clavam Drops
Other General Warnings
- Your child ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- Your child has had liver, kidney problems (this medicine should not be given to children with impaired kidney function).
- Your child experiences redness of the skin followed by eruptions after taking this medicine.
- Your child develops another infection after taking this medicine.
- Your child has diarrhoea and stomach pain after taking this medicine or even after stopping treatment with Clavam drops.
Mode of Action of Clavam Drops
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clavam Drops
- Clavam drops should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Read the label carefully before using this medication.
- Always use the dropper for taking out the exact quantities.
Interactions of Clavam Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Clavam drops works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if your child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Clavam drops with blood thinners such as warfarin, acenocoumarol increases the risk of bleeding. It is advised to regularly monitor the blood tests like PT-INR.
Storage and disposal of Clavam Drops
- Store Clavam drops below 25°C in the original packaging.
- Protect it away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Clavam Drops
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Clavam drops?
Q: Can I give this medicine to my child if he/she is allergic to penicillin?
Q: How long does it take for Clavam drops to show its effects?
- AUGMENTIN (amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 16 June 2021]
- NOVAMOX Syrup / Drops [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 16 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.