Clavam Bid Dry Syp
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clavam Bid Dry Syrup contains a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. It belongs to a class of penicillin antibiotics. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory, urinary, joint and bones. Clavam Bid Dry Syrup acts by inhibiting the formation of the bacterial cell wall, thus resulting in cell death. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at the prescribed duration to gain optimal benefits. You may experience vomiting, diarrhoea, nausea, indigestion, headache, dizziness after taking this medicine. If these symptoms worsen, reach out to the nearest doctor or hospital.
Uses of Clavam Bid Dry Syp
Clavam Bid Dry Syrup is used to treat infections caused by bacteria like a sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Clavam Bid Dry Syp
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Clavam Bid Dry Syp
- Infection of skin and nails (mucocutaneous candidiasis)
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation (pruritis, urticaria)
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Clavam Bid Dry Syp
Can I take Clavam Bid Dry Syrup during pregnancy?
- It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy.
- However, it can be given to you by your doctor if really required.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Clavam Bid Dry Syrup while breastfeeding?
- It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
- The components of this medicine pass into breast milk & known to cause fungal infection of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clavam Bid Dry Syrup?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with Clavam Bid Dry Syrup?
It is advised to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine.
- You have difficulty in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Clavam Bid Dry Syp
How Does It Work?
- Clavam Bid Dry Syrup contains Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid.
- Amoxicillin is an antibiotic which inhibits the formation of bacterial cell wall resulting in bacterial death.
- Clavulanic acid inhibits a chemical substance β-lactamase produced by bacterial cells which break down amoxicillin and thereby allows amoxicillin to attack and kill the bacteria. It reduces the resistance and enhances the activity of amoxicillin against bacteria.Read less
Directions for Use of Clavam Bid Dry Syp
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution: Add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle.
- Shake well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- The reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Clavam Bid Dry Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combinationRead less
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, there is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR
- Increased side effects of when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer)
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil
Storage and disposal of Clavam Bid Dry Syp
- Store below 25°C
- After reconstitution, store in a refrigerator
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Clavam Bid Dry Syp
- Taking Clavam Bid Dry Syrup in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits
- Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness and fluid retention. However, if you have taken too much of Clavam Bid Dry Syrup then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.Read less
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy. If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but, if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever, contact your doctor immediately. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Clavam Bid Dry Syp?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: How long can I store Clavam Bid Dry Syp ?
A: The reconstituted suspension of Clavam Bid Dry Syp should be stored in a refrigerator. Content should be used within 7 days. Later, discard off the remaining portion of medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Clavam Bid Dry Syp when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Clavam Bid Dry Syp. It is recommended to complete the full course of treatment even if you start feeling better, else you might experience the treatment failure and the risk of recurrence of the infection increases.
Q: Is Clavam Bid Dry Syp used to relieve pain?
A: No, Clavam Bid Dry Syp is not a pain killer. It only treats bacterial infection and provides relief from the symptoms of infection.
|You Save||₹9.07 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(28.5 Mg),Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(200.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Indigestion, Nausea|
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved