Clarinova 500mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clarinova 500 MG Description
Clarinova 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine used in various infections of the body like the skin, soft tissue, chest and stomach infections. It contains clarithromycin which is an antibiotic medic
ine. It acts by stopping the multiplication of bacteria. Do not take this medicine if you are having an allergy, abnormal heart rhythm, liver or kidney problems, low potassium or taking medicines for allergy. Consult your doctor before you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not use it in children below 12 years of age.
|You Save||₹29.49 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, vomiting, breathlessness, rash, loss of Appetite|
Check more medicines with composition as Clarithromycin(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Clarinova 500 MG
- For the treatment of various infections in the body like infections of throat, sinus, skin, soft tissue, chest (infection of lungs and windpipe).
- It is also used in the treatment of ulcers in the intestine caused by bacteria known as helicobacter pylori. It is also used for pneumonia as well as for skin infections.
Contraindications of Clarinova 500 MG
- If you have any history of allergy to any of the contents of this medicine or other macrolide antibiotics.
- If you have any abnormality in the heart rhythm like ventricular arrhythmia or QT prolongation.
- If you have any member in the family having a history of abnormal heart rhythm or QT prolongation.
- If you have any liver and/or kidney problems.
- If you are taking medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride or pimozide. (as these medicines along with Clarinova 500 tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm).
- If you are taking other medicines which may produce abnormal heart rhythm.
- If you have low potassium levels in the blood.
- If you are taking medicines like ergotamine, dihydroergotamine (for migraine), colchicine (for gout), ticagrelor, ranolazine (for prevention of heart attack and stroke), lovastatin, simvastatin (cholesterol-lowering medicines)....
Side effects of Clarinova 500 MG
- Loss of Appetite
- Loss of taste
- Abdomen pain
Precautions and Warnings of Clarinova 500 MG
Can I take Clarinova 500 tablet during pregnancy?
Use of Clarinova 500 tablet is not recommended during pregnancy, unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Clarinova 500 tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited data related to the safety of this medicine in lactating mothers. Hence, it is not advisable to use this medicine before consulting your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clarinova 500 tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness, headache, tiredness or feel sick. Any of these side effects would reduce your ability to react; so do not drive or use machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Clarinova 500 tablet?
The chances of dizziness increases if you take this medicine with alcohol. Even alcohol adds on the side effects related to the liver with concomitant use of this medicine. So, avoid using this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an allergy to lincomycin or clindamycin like antibiotics.
- You have abnormal liver or kidney functions.
- You have or had a history of any heart problems.
- Your blood magnesium level has previously been low.
- You have severe or prolonged diarrhoea (pseudomembranous colitis) during or after taking Clarinova 500 tablet.
- You have used Clarinova 500 tablet before on several occasions or for a long time.
- You have signs and symptoms of liver disease such as loss of appetite, jaundice, dark urine, itching or abdomen pain.
- You are using a combination of Clarinova 500 tablet and benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam, triazolam and midazolam (medicines used in brain-related diseases).
- You take other medicines which affect your hearing function.
- In case of severe acute hypersensitivity reactions, such as anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (skin peeling with increase chances of infection), your doctor may discontinue Clarinova 500 tablet therapy immediately. ...
- It is not recommended to use Clarinova 500 tablet in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Clarinova 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Bacteria need growth and multiplication for their survival. Clarinova 500 tablet being antibiotic medicine, halts their growth by blocking the protein synthesis process in them. Thus, their growth and multiplication get arrested and eventually it helps to treat the infectious conditions....
Directions for Use of Clarinova 500 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as a preventive measure.
Interactions of Clarinova 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Clarinova 500 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbs you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride or pimozide. (as these medicines along with Clarinova 500 tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm).
- Concomitant use of Clarinova 500 tablet with other medicines like Digoxin, Quinidine, disopyramide, Verapamil (used in heart problems) may cause abnormal heart rhythm.
- The use of Clarinova 500 tablet with nateglinide, repaglinide or insulin (treatment of diabetes) can result in further lowering of blood glucose levels. Hence, if the combination is used then the blood sugar levels should be monitored. ...
- The effect of Carbamazepine, phenytoin, valproate (medicines to treat epilepsy or fits) and Theophylline (used in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) increases when used together with this medicine....
- Concomitant used of Warfarin, Phenprocoumon (blood-thinning medicines) with Clarinova 500 tablet may increase the chances of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Clarinova 500 MG
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store it below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Clarinova 500 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Clarinova 500 tablet may increase the side effects of medicine. Contact your doctor immediately in case you take too much of the medicine.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics. Do not miss any dose. If you have missed taking any dose of Clarinova 500 tablet, then take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Clarithromycin the same as Amoxicillin?
A: No, Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin both are antibiotics but both the medicines are of a different class. They act on different bacteria with different modes of actions.
Q: What is the use of Clarinova 500 tablet?
A: It is used for the treatment of various infections in the body like infections of the throat, sinus, skin, soft tissue, chest (infection of lungs and windpipe). It is also used in the treatment of intestinal ulcers caused by bacteria known as helicobacter pylori.
Q: Is Clarinova 500 tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Clarinova 500 tablet is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections.
Q: Can I stop taking Clarinova 500 tablet on my own?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine on your own. It is an antibiotic medicine and it should be taken for the exact duration prescribed by your doctor. Stopping the treatment in between may cause treatment failure or recurrence of the infection.
Q: When should I take Clarinova 500?
A: Clarinova 500 should be taken with a drink of water, with or without food, as told by the doctor. But take it at the same time everyday for optimum results.
Q: Can I take Clarinova 500 for the common cold?
A: Clarinova 500 is an antibiotic medicine that is used to treat bacterial infections. It will not be effective for viral infections (such as common cold & flu).
- Clarithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 Aug 2021]
- Clarithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 Aug 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 Aug 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed