Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
110ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml contains Cyproheptadine which belongs to a class of antihistamine (anti-allergy) medicines. It is used to treat different types of allergic reaction and helps in relieving symptoms like itching, swelling, rashes, sneezing, etc. You need to follow all the instructions of your doctor while taking this syrup. Some of the common side effects of this medicine are headache, nausea, dizziness, tiredness, increased appetite. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel your condition deteriorates, you should consult your doctor or visit the hospital.
Uses of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
- Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml is used to reduce symptoms of seasonal nose allergies such as sneezing (coming and going), itchy nose.
- It is effective in reducing allergy symptoms of the eyes such as teary eyes, conjunctivitis (red eyes), and itching.
- This syrup is also used to reduce allergy symptoms like skin rash, itching, dermatographism (a condition where even lightly scratching on the body causes the red line on the skin you scratched)
Contraindications of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
- If you are allergic to Cyproheptadine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
- If you have any other allergies
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you have stomach ulcers or a condition where the stomach emptying is blocked (pyloroduodenal obstruction)
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (high pressure in the eye)
- If you are unable to urinate (occurs in the male patient due to increasing of the prostate gland)
- If you are taking Monoamine oxidase inhibitor medicines like selegiline, phenelzine
- This medicine should not be given to new-born or premature babies, weak and elderly people
Side effects of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
Can I take Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effects of this syrup in human pregnancy.
- You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant, and it should be used only if it is really needed.
Can I take Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Cyproheptadine passes in breast milk. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml?
This syrup may make you dizzy and feel sleepy; you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this syrup, as it may increase the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have high blood pressure
- You have a high level of thyroid hormones
- You have increased pressure inside your eye
- You have heart diseases
- You have bronchial asthma
- You have problems with your kidney, stomach or intestines
- You have difficulty urinating due to increased prostate gland (occurs in men)
- Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml when given to children may cause excitation. Hence you should be very careful while giving this medicine to young children
- You should be careful while giving this syrup to elderly patients, as they may be more prone to side effects like dizziness, giddiness, trouble breathing
Mode of Action of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
How Does It Work?
- Our body produces certain natural substances called histamine and serotonin during an allergic reaction.
- Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml works by blocking that histamine and serotonin, thus relieving the pain.
Directions for Use of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
- Take Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this syrup before completing the treatment.
Interactions of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
Interactions with other medicines
- MAO inhibitors: When this syrup is administered along with MAO inhibitors medicines (selegiline, phenelzine), they extend and alter the effects of Cyproheptadine hydrochloride.
- Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml may have additional effects like decreased rate of breathing, heart rate and giddiness when administered along with CNS depressants like hypnotics (zolpidem, zopiclone), sedatives (Clonazepam, Diazepam), tranquillizers (lorazepam, alprazolam), antianxiety (Citalopram, Sertraline).read less
- You should not use this syrup with any other anti-allergic medicines applied on the skin as they may cause an increase in the side effects.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using meclizine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml
- Excess of Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml may cause symptoms like sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, restlessness, excitation, nervousness, shaking, fits, hallucinations, dry mouth, fixed or widened pupils, redness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation.read less
- In addition to the above symptoms, an overdose of this syrup may cause trouble breathing, heart failure in newborn or young babies.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- This medicine may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.read less
Q: Is Ciplactin 2 Mg Syrup 110 Ml addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved