Chymoral Plus Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Chymoral plus tablet is used for the management of pain and recovery of post-operative wounds, inflammation, fractures, surgeries, soft tissue injuries and sprains. Chymoral plus tablet is a combination of Diclofenac, Trypsin and Chymotrypsin. The components of this medicine reduce the pain and inflammation of the surgical wounds and also improves blood circulation and improve the healing of the wound. Chymoral plus tablet should not be used in people with kidney, heart failure or heart disorders, liver disorders, active ulcer or bleeding problems in the stomach and last trimester of pregnancy.
Uses of Chymoral Plus Tablet
- Chymoral plus tablet is used for providing relief from pain, swelling and inflammation associated with various forms of arthritis, sports injuries and other bone, joint and muscle-related disorder.
- For the management of pain and swelling associated with post-operative wounds, injuries, fractures, tooth extraction, eye disorders, surgery, stitching, cesarean section, sprains and also promotes quick healing of the wound.read less
Contraindications of Chymoral Plus Tablet
- If you allergic to Diclofenac or Trypsin or Chymotrypsin or any other ingredient of Chymoral Plus tablet.
- If you have an ulcer in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have experienced ulcers due to the usage of pain killers.
- If you are in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have severe liver, kidney and heart-related problems.
- If you have experienced allergic reactions such as rashes, swelling upon pain killer use.
Side effects of Chymoral Plus Tablet
- Swelling of lips and face
- Increased liver enzymes
- Spinning of head
Precautions and Warnings of Chymoral Plus Tablet
Can I take Chymoral plus tablet during pregnancy?
Chymoral plus tablet should not be used during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester as this medicine increases the risk of congenital disabilities in the newborn child. It also increases the risk of bleeding and prolonged labour. Hence, this medicine should be avoided in pregnant women.
Can I take Chymoral plus tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Chymoral plus tablet pass into breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Chymoral plus tablet?
Chymoral plus tablet can cause dizziness which can affect the driving ability. Hence, it is not advisable to drive after consuming this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Chymoral plus tablet?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended as in interferes with the components of Chymoral plus and also increases the risk of unwanted side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience chest pain, shortness of breath, blurred speech after taking this medicine.
- You have severe liver, kidney or heart disorder such as high blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- You have issues related to clotting of blood or related disorders.
- You are an elderly patient, as chances of getting side effects are more.
- You experience fluid retention and bloating after taking this medicine.
- You have ulcers or vomiting of blood along with stomach contents.
- You are prone to ulcers due to the excessive use of pain killers.
- You are using medicines like Steroids, blood thinners like warfarin, psychiatric medicines and aspirin.
- You have Crohn's disease, characterised by severe diarrhoea, weakness and weight loss.
- You have undergone surgery of any part of the digestive system.
- You have increased liver enzymes and infection in the liver (Hepatitis).
- You have a condition called Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) characterised by joint pain, rashes and fever.
- You experience severe allergic skin disorders characterised by redness and scales on the skin or painful rash and blisters (Stevens-Johnson syndrome).
- You experience a severe allergic reaction known as Kounis syndrome, characterised by a heart attack.
- You have any other infections, as this medicine can mask the symptoms of infection. Be careful.
Mode of Action of Chymoral Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Chymoral Plus tablet works by the combined action of its three components for relieving pain, swelling and redness
- Diclofenac is a pain killer. It inhibits the synthesis of a chemical substance known as Prostaglandin which causes pain and inflammation
- Trypsin and chymotrypsin are enzymes that help in reducing inflammation and fighting infection. It also improves blood circulation and fastens the healing process.
Directions for Use of Chymoral Plus Tablet
- Chymoral Plus tablet should be used as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Chymoral Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this medicine with Lithium can increase the levels of effect of Lithium body.
- The effect of Digoxin, a medicine used for a heart disorder is increased when used together with Chymoral plus tablet.
- The effect of blood pressure-lowering medicines can be decreased when used together with this medicine.
- Medicines like Spironolactone, Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus or Trimethoprim, when used concomitantly with this medicine, reduce the potassium levels and increase the risk for kidney disorders.
- The effect of blood thinners like Warfarin is increased when used with this medication. It increases the risk of bleeding.
- Other pain killers and steroids and medicines used to treat psychiatric conditions when used concomitantly with chymoral plus tablet can increase the risk of ulcers and bleed in the stomach.
- The effect of Methotrexate, a medicine used for cancer therapy is increased when used together with this medicine.
- Antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, when used concomitantly with Chymoral plus tablet can cause fits.
- The effect of Phenytoin, a medicine used to treat fits is increased when used together with this medicine.
- Medicines used to reduce cholesterol levels like cholestyramine decrease the effect of this medicine when used concomitantly.
- The effect of Mifepristone, a medicine acting on the uterus is reduced when used concomitantly with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Chymoral plus with Mifepristone within 15 days should be avoided.
- Medicines like Sulfinpyrazone (used treat gout) and Voriconazole (anti-fungal) can increase the effect of Chymoral plus.
- Inform your doctor about any other medicine, herbal product or supplements you are currently taking while he prescribes you Chymoral plus to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Chymoral Plus Tablet
- Store below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Chymoral Plus Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include headache, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, dizziness and ringing in the ear. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Chymoral plus tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Chymoral plus tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Chymoral plus tablet is not an antibiotic. It contains Diclofenac, a pain killer and two enzymes Trypsin and Chymotrypsin. It is used for relieving pain, swelling and inflammation.
Q: How does Chymoral plus work?
A: Chymoral plus contains three ingredients. Diclofenac helps in relieving pain, swelling and inflammation. Trypsin and Chymotrypsin are two enzymes that improve wound healing, repair damaged tissues and can also reduce infection.
Q: Can Chymoral plus tablets be used for tooth pain?
A: Chymoral plus tablets are sometimes prescribed following a tooth extraction to relieve tooth pain and swelling. However, self-medication should not be practised as it may lead to unwanted side effects.
Q: What is the difference between Chymoral plus tablet and Chymoral forte tablet?
A: Chymoral plus tablet contains one extra ingredient which is Diclofenac in combination with Trypsin and Chymotrypsin whereas Chymoral forte tablet contains only Trypsin and Chymotrypsin.
Q: Can Chymoral plus tablet be used for infection?
A: No, Chymoral plus tablet cannot be used to treat the infection. It only reduces the pain and swelling of the wound. In case an infection is developed, inform your doctor immediately.
Q: Is Chymoral plus a painkiller?
A: No, it is a combination product of a pain killer and anti-inflammatory agent diclofenac and two enzymes, Trypsin and Chymotrypsin.
Q: How to take Chymoral Plus tablet?
A: Take Chymoral Plus tablet as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Chymoral Plus tablet?
A: You may experience side effects like headache, dizziness, itching, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea while on treatment with Chymoral Plus tablet. Most of these are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
|You Save||₹24.68 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Diclofenac(50.0 Mg),Tripsin-chymotripsin(50000.0 Au)|
|Uses||Pain and swelling|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, itching, nausea, vomiting|
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved