Chloromycetin Apli Capsules
Chloromycetin 1 % Description
Chloromycetin Eye Aplicap is an antibiotic eye drops used to treat bacterial conjunctivitis in adults and children. It contains chloramphenicol as its active medicine. Chloromycetin should be used ex
ternally only. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye.
Uses of Chloromycetin 1 %
- Chloromycetin Eye Aplicap is used for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis.
Contraindications of Chloromycetin 1 %
- If you are allergic to chloramphenicol or to any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you or someone in your family ever had a blood disorder or bone marrow disease including anemia when using chloramphenicol in the past.
- If you have a family history of dyscrasias, a condition which can cause tiredness, bruising and an increased risk of infections
Side effects of Chloromycetin 1 %
- Transient irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Chloromycetin 1 %
Other General Warnings
- You have visual disturbances or severe pain in the eye
- Your eye is inflamed and you have a rash on the scalp or face
- Your eye looks cloudy or you are sensitive to light
- Your black or coloured part of the eye looks unusual
- You have a foreign body in the eye
- You have an eye infection that keeps coming back
- You have glaucoma or dry eyes
- You have eye injury or eye surgery
- You are currently using any other eye medications
Mode of Action of Chloromycetin 1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Chloromycetin 1 %
- Use Chloromycetin Eye Aplicap as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after instilling.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Chloromycetin 1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Chloromycetin Eye Aplicap works or Chloromycetin Eye Aplicap itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, medicines for cancer and medicines for the immune system.
Storage and disposal of Chloromycetin 1 %
- Store in a refrigerator at a temperature between 2°C and 8°C
- Store away from heat and light. Keep away from children
Dosage of Chloromycetin 1 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Chloromycetin Eye Aplicap if I have had an eye surgery in last six months?
Q: Can I wear my contact lens while using Chloromycetin Eye Aplicap?
- Chloramphenicol Eye Drops BP 0.5% W/V - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
- Chloramphenicol Eye Drops BP 0.5% W/V - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 June 2022]