Celex 500mg Tablet
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
It contains medicine known as Celex 500mg Tablet. It is used in various infections in the body like of skin, soft tissue, chest, and stomach infections. It acts by stopping the multiplication of bacteria. Do not take this medicine if you are having allergy, abnormal heart rhythm, liver or kidney problems, low potassium or taking medicines for allergy. Consult your doctor before if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Do not use it in children below 12 years of age.
Uses of Celex 500mg Tablet
- For the treatment of various infections in the body like infections of throat, sinus, skin, soft tissue, chest (infection of lungs and wind pipe).
- It is also used in treatment of Ulcers in the intestine caused by bacteria known as helicobacter pylori. It is also used for pneumonia as well as for skin infections.
Contraindications of Celex 500mg Tablet
If you have any history of allergy to any of the content of this medicine or other macrolide antibiotics. If you have any abnormality in the heart rhythm like ventricular arrhythmia or QT prolongation. If you have any member in the family have history of abnormal heart rhythm or QT prolongation. If you have any liver and /or kidney problems. If you are taking medicines such as Terfenadine, Astemizole, Cisapride or Pimozide. (as these medicines along with Celex 500mg Tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm). If you have any other medicine which may produce abnormal heart rhythm. If you have low potassium levels in the blood. If you are taking medicines like Ergotamine, dihydroergotamine (for migraine), Colchicine (for gout), Ticagrelor, Ranolazine (for prevention of heart attack and stroke), Lovastatin, Simvastatin (cholesterol lowering medicine).
Side effects of Celex 500mg Tablet
- Loss of Appetite
- Loss of taste
- Pain in the abdomen
- Dizziness (rarely)
Precautions and Warnings of Celex 500mg Tablet
Can I take Celex 500mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Always consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to have baby. After careful clinical examination and evaluating risk benefit aspects, he may prescribe this medicine.
Can I take Celex 500mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited data related to the safety of this medicine in lactating mothers. Hence, it is not advisable to use this medicine before consulting your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Celex 500mg Tablet ?
This medicine may cause dizziness, headaches, tiredness or feeling sick. Any of these side effects would reduce your ability to react; so do not drive or use machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Celex 500mg Tablet ?
Chances of dizziness increases if you take this medicine with alcohol. Even alcohol adds on the side effects related to liver with concomitant use of this medicine. So avoid using this medicine with alcohol
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have allergy to lincomycin or clindamycin like antibiotics.
- You have abnormal liver or kidney functions.
- You have, or history of any heart problems.
- Your blood magnesium level have previously been low.
- You have severe or prolonged diarrhoea (pseudomembranous colitis) during or after taking Celex 500mg Tablet.
- You have used Celex 500mg Tablet before on several occasions or for a long time.
- You have signs and symptoms of liver disease such as loss of appetite, jaundice, dark urine, itching, or abdomen pain.
- You are using a combination of Celex 500mg Tablet and benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam, triazolam and midazolam (calming medicines).
- You take other drugs which affect your hearing function.
- In case of severe acute hypersensitivity reactions, such as anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson
- Syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis (skin peeling with increase chances of infection), your doctor may discontinue Celex 500mg Tablet therapy immediately.
- It is not recommended to use Celex 500mg Tablet in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Celex 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
This medicine is used to treat the infections caused by bacteria. These bacteria also need growth and multiplication for their survival. Celex 500mg Tablet being antibiotic medicine, halts their growth by blocking protein synthesis process in them. Thus, their growth and multiplication get arrested and eventually it helps to treat the infectious conditions.
Directions for Use of Celex 500mg Tablet
- Take medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once day, then always take this medicine at same time like early morning before breakfast.
- Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as preventive measures.
Interactions of Celex 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Celex 500mg Tablet and Astemizole, Terfenadine (treatment of allergy), Pimozide (used in mental illness), Cisapride (for abdominal problems), Ergotamine, Methylprednisolone (steroid medicine to treat inflammation) Dihydroergotamine (treatment of migraine medicines), Alprazolam, Triazolam, Midazolam (used to calm the patients) Rifabutin (antibiotic used in tuberculosis),Omeprazole (to treat acidity), Colchicine (treatment of gout), Sildenafil, Tadalafil, Vardenafil (medicines used to treat erection problems), Cilostazol (used to improve circulation in the legs) Lovastatin, Simvastatin (medicines to lower cholesterol) increases the effects of these medicines.read less
- Concomitant use of Celex 500mg Tablet with other medicines like Digoxin, Quinidine, disopyramide, Verapamil (used in heart problems) may cause abnormal cardiac rhythm.
- Use of Celex 500mg Tablet with Nateglinide, repaglinide or insulin (treatment of diabetes) can result in further lowering of blood glucose levels. Hence if the combination is used then the blood sugar levels should be monitored.read less
- The effect of Carbamazepin, phenytoin, valproate (medicines to treat epilepsy of fits) and Theophylline (used in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) increases when used together with this medicine.read less
- Concomitant used of Warfarin, Phenprocoumon (blood Thinning medicines) with Celex 500mg Tablet may increase the chances of bleeding.
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicine you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Celex 500mg Tablet or increase the chances of side effects.read less
Storage and disposal of Celex 500mg Tablet
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date. Store below 30°C in the original package. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Celex 500mg Tablet
- Take this medicine in dose exactly prescribed by your doctor. Over dose may increase the side effect of medicine. Taking too many tablets may cause abdominal discomfort and other problems. Contact your doctor immediately in case you take too much of the medicine.read less
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Clarithromycin like Amoxicillin?
A: No. Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin both are antibiotics but both the medicines are of different class. They act on different bacteria with different mode of actions.
Q: For which condition is this medicine is used?
- Clarithromycin is used in treatment of various infections in the body like infections of throat, sinus, skin, soft tissue, chest (infection of lungs and wind pipe). It is also used in treatment of intestinal ulcers caused by bacteria known as helicobacter pylori.read less
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:19 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved