Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules
Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules Description
Cefasom Cv Tablet is an antibiotic medicine and is used to treat various bacterial infections like infections of the urinary tract, respiratory tract and sexually transmitted diseases. It contains ce
furoxime and clavulanic acid as its active components. Cefuroxime is an antibiotic that acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria and clavulanic acid acts by inhibiting the enzyme made by bacteria; this will help cefuroxime to function optimally. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or any other ingredient of this medicine. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after food. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without first consulting your doctor.
|You Save||₹48.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefuroxime(250.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
- Zocef Cv 250mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 319.00₹ 271.15₹ 45.19/Tablet
- Cefudif Cv 375mg TabletBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 238.70₹ 202.89₹ 33.81/Tablet
- Oratil Cv 250mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 452.00₹ 384.20₹ 38.42/Tablet
Uses of Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules
Contraindications of Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Cefasom Cv Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergy to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, flatulence, indigestion
- Mouth ulcers
- Thirsty feeling, lack of appetite
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Low blood count
- Shortness of breath
- Itching and swelling in the vagina, painful urination
- Itching, redness, chills
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Cefasom Cv Tablet.
- You have a history of an allergy to any antibiotic like cephalosporins, penicillins.
- You are already taking water pills, as it can affect kidney functions.
- You have a history of pain and swelling in the inner lining of the intestine.
Mode of Action of Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Cefasom Cv Tablet works by the combined action of both its components: cefuroxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefuroxime acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which is responsible for bacterial infection. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases), which can destroy cefuroxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefuroxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules
- Cefasom Cv Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or after food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Cefasom Cv Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions are seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination....
- Oral contraceptives, antacids and medicines used in the treatment of gout, such as Probenecid, should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules
- Store Cefasom Cv Tablet at room temperature, protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of the children and pets.
Dosage of Cefasom Cv 375mg Capsules
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Cefasom Cv Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Cefasom Cv Tablet?
Q: For how long do I need to take Cefasom Cv Tablet?
- CDSCO - Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid Formulations, Tablets, Products, Syrup, Suspension from Leading Contract Manufacturers of India - Finecure Pharmaceuticals Limited [Internet]. Clavproducts.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Cefuroxime 250mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]