By GALDERMA INDIA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cartisoft Tablet is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee and hip joint. It is a combination medicine containing methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM), diacerein and glucosamine as the active ingredients. It reduces the pain and swelling at the joint by tackling the inflammation. Cartisoft Tablet promotes ease of movement by reducing the friction between the joints. They do so by increasing the cushioning effect between the joints. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You may experience diarrhoea, headache, nausea and stomach pain after taking Cartisoft Tablet. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Cartisoft Tablet....
|You Save||₹40.00 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Methyl Sulfonylmethane(250.0 Mg),Diacerein(50.0 Mg),Glucosamine(750.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Osteoarthritis, Joint and Bone disorders|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and drowsiness|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Methyl Sulfonylmethane(250.0 Mg) + Diacerein(50.0 Mg) + Glucosamine(750.0 Mg)
Uses of Cartisoft Tablet
Cartisoft Tablet is used to treat osteoarthritis of the knee and hip joints especially in the initial stage of the disease
Contraindications of Cartisoft Tablet
- If you are allergic to glucosamine, diacerein, and Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) or any other component of Cartisoft Tablet.
- If you are suffering from liver disease and/or severe kidney damage.
- If have a history of or are suffering from obstruction of the intestine.
- If you are or were suffering from food pipe or intestinal disease like ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease.
- If you are prone to or are suffering from stomach ache.
- If you are allergic to shellfish.
Side effects of Cartisoft Tablet
- Indigestion, gases
- Stomach pain
- Rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Cartisoft Tablet
Can I take Cartisoft Tablet during pregnancy?
Cartisoft Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information available about the effect of Cartisoft Tablet on pregnant women and the developing foetus. Inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking during pregnancy.
Can I take Cartisoft Tablet while breastfeeding?
Cartisoft Tablet is not recommended to be used by a breastfeeding mother, as a component of this medicine passes into the breast milk. Talk to your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cartisoft Tablet?
Cartisoft Tablet may make you feel drowsy. Do not drive if you are experiencing side effects like drowsiness and headache.
Can I consume alcohol with Cartisoft Tablet?
It is not recommended to consume alcohol while on Cartisoft Tablet as it can alter the effect of medicine and may increase the side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have a habit of consuming it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of or are suffering from liver, heart or kidney disease.
- You have any other joint disease/ condition to find out the exact cause.
- You are suffering from diabetes or asthma.
- You are suffering from increased cholesterol levels.
- You are on antibiotics for any other medical condition, as it may increase the risk of stomach problems.
- You are pregnant, you think you may be pregnant and breastfeeding.
- You have experienced diarrhoea due to Cartisoft Tablet earlier.
- You had electrolyte imbalance or dehydration due to any other medicine in past.
- Cartisoft Tablet is not recommended for use in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cartisoft Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) acts as a nutritional supplement to the bones. It contains sulphur which is vital in the production of collagen and glucosamine, which in turn help in strengthening and repairing the bones and joints....
- Diacerein works by blocking the actions of a chemical substance called interleukin-1 beta, which leads to swelling, pain, and degradation of cartilage at the joints. It also helps in the built-up of cartilage thereby aiding in joint repair and healing....
- Glucosamine is a chemical substance found in the fluid around the joints (synovial fluid). It helps the synthesis of synovial fluid which keeps the joints lubricated and provides better movement and flexibility. It promotes the built-up of cartilage thereby helping in joint repair and reduces pain and improves its healing....
Directions for Use of Cartisoft Tablet
- Cartisoft Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew, break or crush the tablet
- Take the tablet at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Check the expiry date before use.
Interactions of Cartisoft Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Cartisoft Tablet works or Cartisoft Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are currently taking, recently taken or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Particularly, if you are on medicines used to treat acidity, immunosuppressant medicines like doxorubicin, etoposide, teniposide, medicines used to treat heart failure, high blood pressure and/ or antibiotics to treat certain medical conditions....
- Patients with uncontrolled diabetes must use this medicine with caution as concomitant use of Cartisoft Tablet with antidiabetic medicine such as glipizide, glyburide, and metformin may decrease the effect of blood sugar-lowering medicines....
- Use of Cartisoft Tablet with blood-thinning medicines like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Cartisoft Tablet
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the tablet if it has passed its expiry date
Dosage of Cartisoft Tablet
Taking more than the recommended dosage of Cartisoft Tablet can cause headache, dizziness, confusion, joint pain, nausea, vomiting, severe diarrhoea or constipation. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Cartisoft Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I accidentally take more than the recommended dosage of Cartisoft Tablet?
A: In case you take an excess of this medicine you may experience adverse reactions like headache, dizziness, confusion, joint pain, nausea, vomiting, severe diarrhoea or constipation. Please contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately in such a case.
Q: Can Cartisoft Tablet be given to children?
A: No, Cartisoft Tablet is recommended to be used only by adults and not in children below 18 years of age.
- Glucosamine [Internet]. NPRA.Gov. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Diacerein: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Methylsulfonylmethane: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Glucozone [Internet]. Leeford.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Jointace DN [Internet]. Meyer Organics Pvt. Ltd. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.