By MICRO LABS
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Caripill Tablet contains extracts of leaves Carica papaya commonly known as papaya. Caripill is used to increase the low blood platelet count that is associated with dengue fever. Carica papaya leaf extract works by increasing the activity of two genes involved in the formation of platelets and thus increases the platelet production in conditions like dengue. You should not take this medicine if you have any bleeding disorder or diabetes.
Uses of Caripill Tablet
Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) associated with dengue
Contraindications of Caripill Tablet
- If you are allergic to Carica papaya or any ingredient of this medicine
- If you are pregnant or planning to have a baby
- If you have any disorder related to the prostate gland or BPH (Benign prostatic hyperplasia)
Side effects of Caripill Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Caripill Tablet
Can I take Caripill tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Caripill tablet if you are pregnant or think may be pregnant.
Can I take Caripill tablet while breastfeeding?
You should not take Caripill tablet if you are breastfeeding without consulting your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Caripill tablet?
Caripill tablet does not affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Caripill tablet?
There is no direct interaction of Caripill tablet with alcohol. However, you should not consume alcohol when you have dengue fever.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant, planning to have a baby or breastfeeding. Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor.
- You have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney, liver or prostate problems or any other diseases, be sure to consult your doctor before starting Caripill tablet.
- You have a bleeding disorder or are taking any blood-thinning medicines like Aspirin and Warfarin
- You are taking Amiodarone (used to treat heart problems) or are on blood pressure medications or are on antibiotics
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take Caripill tablet if you are allergic to any of the component of this medicine.
- You are going to undergo any surgery or operation.
- You should avoid consuming too much alcohol.
- You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Mode of Action of Caripill Tablet
How Does It Work?
Blood platelet count in dengue fever is reduced due to action of the dengue virus and it leads to reduced immunity as platelets play a major role in the body's defence mechanism. Caripill tablet contains leaf extract of Carica papaya which is known to upregulate the action of two genes involved in the formation of platelets and thus increases platelet production in the body.
Directions for Use of Caripill Tablet
- Caripill tablets should be taken as a whole with enough water.
- Do not break, cut or chew the tablet.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Caripill Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Caripill tablet should be used with caution if you are taking medicines for bleeding disorders such as Warfarin or Aspirin.
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines.
- Other medicines such as amiodarone and few antibiotics should be used cautiously when taking Caripill.
Storage and disposal of Caripill Tablet
- Store Caripill tablets in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Caripill Tablet
If you have taken too much of Caripill tablets, inform your doctor immediately or reach out to your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you happen to miss any dose to Caripill tablet, take it as soon as possible. If its already time for the next dose, do not take a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Caripill tablet work?
A: Carpill tablet contains Carica papaya leaf extract which is useful in increasing the low platelet count in dengue fever. It works by increasing the activity of certain genes that help in increasing the platelet formation.
Q: What are the side effects of Caripill tablet?
A: You may sometimes experience a few side effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and heartburn after taking Caripill tablet.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Caripill tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease or any other disorders.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Caripill tablet may interact with other medicines, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbs.
- Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking Caripill medicine?
A: Try to take Caripill tablet at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 05:54 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved