Candid B Cream 20gm
Candid B Cream 20gm Description
Candid-B cream is a prescription medicine that is used to treat fungal infections in the toes, inner thighs, private parts, arms and legs. It is also useful to treat the skin infections like ringworm
and athlete's foot. Candid-B cream contains a combination of two medicines - beclomethasone and clotrimazole. It is meant for external use only. This medicine should be used as per the medical prescription, as directed by the doctor and for the exact duration, it is prescribed.
|You Save||₹21.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Beclometasone(0.025 %) + Clotrimazole(1.0 %)|
|Uses||Skin fungal infection|
|Side effects||Itching, skin irritation, allergic reactions, dryness|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTI-FUNGAL AND STEROID|
Uses of Candid B Cream 20gm
- Candid-B cream is used to treat skin infections like ringworm, athlete's foot.
- It is also useful in treating a fungal infection in the toes, inner thighs, private parts, arms and legs.
Contraindications of Candid B Cream 20gm
- As Candid-B cream contains beclomethasone and clotrimazole, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
- If you are allergic to Beclomethasone or Clotrimazole or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of any other corticosteroids or imidazoles.
Side effects of Candid B Cream 20gm
- Skin irritation
- Allergic reactions
- Dryness, infection on the scalp
- Increased hair growth
- Change in skin colour, stretch marks due to skin thinning
Precautions and Warnings of Candid B Cream 20gm
Other General Warnings
- You experience irritation or allergy after applying Candid-B cream.
- You are using this medicine for over two weeks, as prolonged use of this medicine can cause symptoms like fever, shaking, chills, headache, diarrhoea, depression, low blood pressure, etc.
- Candid-B cream is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Candid B Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Candid B Cream 20gm
- Use Candid-B cream as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Clean and dry the area to be treated and apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds. It should be used with occlusive dressings.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Candid B Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Candid-B cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- Medicines like Mifepristone, Adesleukin, Ritonavir should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Candid B Cream 20gm
- Store Candid-B cream in a cool and dry place. Do not freeze it.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Candid B Cream 20gm
- As Candid-B cream is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it, then wipe them out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I use candid cream?
Q: What is Candid-B cream used for?
Q: Can I use cosmetic products in the affected area?
Q: Can I self medicate with Candid-B cream?
Q: How many times can I apply Candid cream?
Q: How long does it take for Candid B cream to work?
Q: What are the side effects of Candid cream?
Q: Can Candid B cream apply to the vagina?
Q: Can I use Candid b cream for diaper rash?
Q: Is Candid b cream good for ringworm?
Q: Is Candid B cream safe during pregnancy?
Q: Can Candid b cream be used on face?
Q: Does Candid B cream contain steroids?
- Clenil Modulite 250 micrograms inhaler (with Dose Indicator) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- Clotrimazole Cream 1% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- Beclomethasone Dipropionate Inhalation: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- Clotrimazole: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]
- Canison/Canison-B/Canison Plus Full Prescribing Information, Dosage & Side Effects | MIMS Philippines [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 24 August 2021]