Calmpose 5mg Tablets
Calmpose 5 MG Description
Calmpose tablet is a prescription medication primarily used to treat mood disorders like anxiety disorders and short-term relief of anxiety symptoms. As an adjuvant therapy, it can also be used to tr
eat acute alcohol withdrawal, muscle spasms and seizures. Calmpose tablet contains Diazepam as an active ingredient. Diazepam works by reducing the excessive neurological activity in the brain by increasing certain chemical messengers. Reduced abnormal and excessive nerve cell activity helps relax the brain and stabilises various conditions. Calmpose tablet has to be taken as per the doctor’s advice. Discontinuing the Calmpose tablet abruptly can lead to rebound anxiety, which can be more severe than before or may result in withdrawal symptoms like headache, drowsiness, or sudden mood changes.
|You Save||₹2.33 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Seizure or epilepsy, Acute alcohol withdrawal, Muscle spasm|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Memory impairment, Difficulty speaking, Impaired coordination|
Uses of Calmpose 5 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, the Calmpose tablet is used for the following:
- Treatment of anxiety disorder
- Treatment of seizure or epilepsy
- Treatment of acute alcohol withdrawal
- Treatment of muscle spasm
Contraindications of Calmpose 5 MG
- It is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to any component of the Calmpose tablet, i.e. Diazepam
- If you are taking medications like antidepressants, anti-anxiety or sedative medications, narcotic or opioid pain relievers
- If you have myasthenia gravis (a condition that causes skeletal muscle weakness)
- If you have acute angle glaucoma (abnormally increases the fluid pressure in the eyes)
- If you have kidney or liver problems
- If you have a history of alcohol or medicine addiction
- If you have respiratory problems like sleep apnea or asthma, etc.
Side effects of Calmpose 5 MG
- The side effects of Calmpose tablets are as follows:
- Blurred vision
- Memory impairment
- Difficulty speaking
- Impaired coordination
Precautions and Warnings of Calmpose 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Calmpose tablet.
- You have any sudden mood changes, self-harming thoughts or suicidal ideation.
- You experience any severe side effects persistently.
- Your condition does not improve or worsen after taking this tablet.
- You have mild or severe liver and kidney disease.
- You have withdrawal symptoms like nausea, tremor, sweating, agitation and confusion.
- You are using any ayurvedic/herbal medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements.
Mode of Action of Calmpose 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Calmpose 5 MG
- Take the Calmpose tablet as prescribed by the physician.
- Take Calmpose tablet with or without food or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take the Calmpose tablet at the same time every day to maintain a constant level of medicine in the body.
- Swallow the whole tablet orally with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew this medicine.
- Do not take Calmpose tablets with other medications as it may lead to drug interaction.
- Do not exceed the dosage of the Calmpose tablet without consulting a doctor.
- Do not stop consuming Calmpose tablet abruptly, as it may lead to withdrawal side effects.
Interactions of Calmpose 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Avoid taking Calmpose tablets with caffeine-containing foods like cola, tea, coffee, chocolates, etc. It may reduce the ability of this medication to calm the brain, and the condition may worsen.
Interactions with food items
- Tell your doctor what medications, herbal products, vitamins and nutritional supplements you take or plan to take as there is a chance of medicine interaction. Many medicines can interact with the Calmpose tablet, making it less effective or increasing side effects. This includes the following:...
- Calmpose tablet interaction with other benzodiazepines, opioid or narcotic pain relievers such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine can lead to respiratory depression, coma and death....
- Calmpose tablet interaction with MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) like Selegiline, Rasagiline, Isocarboxazid and other antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like fluoxetine and desipramine can increase side effects....
- Calmpose tablet interaction with antifungal medications like itraconazole and ketoconazole can reduce its effects.
Storage and disposal of Calmpose 5 MG
Dosage of Calmpose 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should I take the Calmpose tablet to notice its desirable effects?
Q: Can a Calmpose tablet cause dependence?
Q: Can I discontinue taking Calmpose tablet on my own after I feel improvement in my symptoms?
- Dhaliwal J, Rosani A, Saadabadi A. Diazepam [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
- Drugs H. Diazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
- Diazepam: medicine for anxiety, muscle spasms and seizures [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
- DailyMed - DIAZEPAM tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 13 March 2022].