Bupron Xl 150mg Tablets
Bupron Xl Mr 150 MG Description
Bupron Xl 150mg Tab belongs to the class of medications known as 'antidepressants', primarily used to treat depression. Apart from helping people cope with depression, smokers also use it for deaddic
tion. Bupron XL 150mg Tablets contain bupropion, which improves the patient’s mood and the physical symptoms of depression by increasing the level of the chemical messenger in the brain known as serotonin. Bupron Xl 150mg Tab side effects include nausea, headache, dizziness, vomiting, insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), fever, constipation, sweating, allergic reaction, impaired concentration, and dryness in the mouth. Most of these side effects disappear over time without any medical attention. However, if they persist or worsen, speak to your doctor.
Uses of Bupron Xl Mr 150 MG
- As per CDSCO, the medicine Bupron Xl 150mg Tab has its usage in
- Smoking addiction
- Seasonal affective disorder - a mood disorder that occurs at the same time every year
Contraindications of Bupron Xl Mr 150 MG
- If you have had an allergic reaction to Bupron Xl 150mg Tab or any other medicine in the past.
- If you suffer from bipolar disorders.
- If you have a drug addiction.
- If you have suicidal thoughts.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you get seizures (fits).
- If you suffer from cardiovascular disorders such as high blood pressure.
- If you have an eye problem called glaucoma.
Side effects of Bupron Xl Mr 150 MG
- Gastrointestinal disturbances like nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation
- Dry mouth
- Allergic reactions like urticaria - rashes on your skin
Precautions and Warnings of Bupron Xl Mr 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are below 18 years of age.
- You are pregnant or lactating.
Mode of Action of Bupron Xl Mr 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Bupron Xl Mr 150 MG
- Take Bupron Xl 150mg Tab orally or as directed by your physician.
- The tablet is to be swallowed orally and not meant to be chewed or crushed.
- You can take this medicine with or without food.
Interactions of Bupron Xl Mr 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Asthma - theophylline
- Pain killers - tramadol
- Antidepressants - phenelzine, iproniazid, isocarboxazid, nialamide, imipramine, and desipramine and tranylcypromine
- Mental illness - risperidone, thioridazine
- Parkinson's disease - levodopa, amantadine
- High blood pressure - metoprolol
- Heart problems - propafenone, flecainide
- HIV - ritonavir, efavirenz
- Cancer - cyclophosphamide
Storage and disposal of Bupron Xl Mr 150 MG
Dosage of Bupron Xl Mr 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I treat the side effect of dry mouth caused by Bupron Xl 150mg Tabs?
Q: Do Bupron XL 150mg Tabs have a high addictive potential?
Q: Can Bupron Xl 150mg Tabs affect my sex life?
- Medicines.org.uk. 2022. Zyban 150 mg prolonged release tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). [online] Available at: <https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/2948/#gref> [Accessed 21 January 2022].
- Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022. DailyMed - BUPROPION- bupropion hydrochloride tablet, extended releaseBUPROPION- bupropion hydrochloride tablet, extended release. [online] Available at:
- Drugs, H., 2022. Bupropion: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a695033.html> [Accessed 21 January 2022].