Budecort 400mcg Rotacaps 30's
By CIPLA LIMITED
30 Rotacap(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Budecort 400 rotacaps contains budesonide, a steroid that acts as an anti-asthmatic agent. Budecort 400 rotacaps is used to maintain or control the symptoms of asthma and to prevent the development of
asthma. It helps in controlling daily symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing and chest pain and prevents exacerbations. Your doctor or pharmacist can guide you on how to use Budecort 400 rotacap properly. You should use Budecort 400 rotacaps regularly, as advised by your doctor for effective control of your asthma....
Uses of Budecort 400mcg Rotacaps 30'S
Maintenance treatment of asthma and to prevent the occurrence of asthma.
Contraindications of Budecort 400mcg Rotacaps 30'S
- If you are allergic to budesonide or any of the ingredients of Budecort 400 rotacap or milk proteins.
- Budecort 400 rotacaps should not be used to treat Status asthmaticus, an extreme form of asthma in which asthma attacks follow one another without pause and asthma attacks, which require a medical emergency....Read more
Side effects of Budecort 400mcg Rotacaps 30'S
- Fungal infection of the mouth
- Hoarseness in voice
- Throat irritation
- Change of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Budecort 400mcg Rotacaps 30'S
Can I use Budecort 400 rotacaps during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of Budecort 400 rotacaps in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use Budecort 400 rotacaps unless prescribed by your doctor. It is important to take proper treatment of asthma during pregnancy for the safety of the foetus and the mother.
Can I use Budecort 400 rotacaps while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk in a very less amount. Hence, it is safe to breastfeed during the treatment. Use Budecort 400 rotacaps only if your doctor has prescribed them.
Can I drive if I have used Budecort 400 rotacaps?
Use of Budecort 400 rotacaps does not influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Budecort 400 rotacaps?
No information is available on interactions of Budecort 400 rotacaps when taken with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a problem of difficulty in breathing or severe asthma problem, then the doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You have or had a serious infection that affects mainly the lungs.
- You are suffering from liver disease, as it may lead to increased levels of budesonide in your blood. Such patients need to be checked at regular intervals.
- You experience any allergic reactions like rashes, urge to scratch, swelling, then the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
- You should not take more than the recommended for effective control of asthma and maintenance.
- You experience any visual disturbance, then your doctor may refer you to an eye specialist for evaluation of possible causes, which may include cataracts, high pressure inside the eye (glaucoma).
- You develop an oral fungal infection and an increase in wheezing after using this medicine, then the doctor may discontinue the treatment or suggest an alternate.
- Budecort 400 rotacaps may impair the growth of children. The doctor may re-evaluate the dose make sure you do not give an extra dose to your kids.
- Budecort 400 rotacaps can suppress the actions of adrenal glands and cause physiological changes you may not perceive. Discuss it with your doctor.
Mode of Action of Budecort 400mcg Rotacaps 30'S
How Does It Work?
- People with asthma have inflammation in their airways, which makes them sensitive to asthma triggers and cause symptoms of discomfort in the airways.
- Budecort 400 rotacaps works by inhibiting the action of allergic and inflammatory mediators, which can trigger asthma symptoms.
- It decreases the symptoms such as shortness of breath, wheezing and chest discomfort and facilitates breathing.
Directions for Use of Budecort 400mcg Rotacaps 30'S
- Use exactly as per indications from your physician or pharmacist.
- Do not stop using Budecort 400 rotacaps without consulting your doctor, even if you feel relieved after taking a few doses.
- Rinse your mouth after every use to prevent fungal infection & wash your face to avoid any facial irritation.
Interactions of Budecort 400mcg Rotacaps 30'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Antifungal medicines such as Ketoconazole, Itraconazole should not be taken along with Budecort 400 rotacaps and if the treatment is a must, there should be a sufficient gap between the administrationof the two medicines....Read more
- Concomitant use of Anti-HIV medicines such as Nelfinavir, Ritonavir, Indinavir and antibiotics like Clarithromycin with Budecort 400 rotacaps should be avoided.
- Other medicines containing steroids and medicines used for asthma management like salbutamol should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Avoid the intake of large amounts of grapefruits and grapefruit juice while taking Budecort 400 rotacaps, as it can raise the levels of budesonide in your body and lead to increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Budecort 400mcg Rotacaps 30'S
- Keep it in original packing.
- Keep the device tightly closed to protect from moisture.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
Dosage of Budecort 400mcg Rotacaps 30'S
There are very fewer chances of overdose. However, if you feel any oral infection or adverse effects, then consult your doctor quickly.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a do
uble dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I avoid having oral fungal infections during the treatment with Budecort 400 rotacaps?
A: It is recommended that inhalation should be performed before meals to avoid fungal infection of the mouth. Rinse your mouth after every use.
Q: I am using Budecort 400 rotacaps for the first time. How should I use it?
- Before you use Budecort 400 rotacaps the first time, read the written instructions that come with it.
- Look at the diagrams carefully and be sure that you recognize all the parts of the inhaler.
- Ask your doctor to show you the right way to use the inhaler.
- Practice using the inhaler in front of him or her, so you are sure you are doing it the right way.
Q: Can Budecort 400 rotacaps cause altered vision?
A: Yes, it can cause visual disturbance upon long-term use. Consult your doctor if the problem persists. This can be an early sign of glaucoma or cataract, which can happen after long-term treatment with Budecort 400 rotacaps.
Q: Can I give Budecort 400 rotacaps to my child, who is having an asthma attack?
A: No, it is not useful for treating asthma. It is used as maintenance therapy for someone with asthma to control the symptoms of asthma. It should not be used to treat sudden asthmatic attacks.
Q: Can Budecort 400 rotacaps inhaler stop sneezing?
A: No, it does not help in controlling sneezing.
Q: Is Budecort a steroid?
A: Yes, Budecort Rotacaps contains a steroid called budesonide.
Other Products from this Brand
- Budecort 0 5 Mg Packet Of 2 Ml 1 5 Respules
- Budecort 1 Mg Packet Of 5 2 Ml Respules
- Budecort 200 Mcg Inhaler 200 Md
- Budecort 100 Mcg Inhaler 200 Md
- Budecort 200 Mcg Rotacaps 30 S
- Budecort 1 Mg Packet Of 2 Ml Respule
- Budecort 0 5 Mg Packet Of 2 Ml Respules
- Budecort 0 25 Mg Respules 2 Ml
- Budecort 0 5 Mg Packet Of 2 5 Ml Respules
Last Updated on: 06 Oct 2021 | 05:05 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved