Brufen 400mg Tablet
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Brufen 400 tablet contains ibuprofen as its active ingredient. Brufen tablet is a pain killer (analgesic) used mainly to provide relief from various pain and inflammation such as rheumatoid arthritis, joint, back, muscle, headache, dental, periods and post-surgery pain. This medicine should be used cautiously in children and the elderly. This medicine should not be used in patients with stomach ulcers, kidney or liver or heart problem. This medicine can sometimes cause stomach discomforts and irritation. Use this medicine as directed by the doctor, and do not take it for a longer duration than that prescribed as there is a risk of bleeding, liver damage and ulcers.
Uses of Brufen 400mg Tablet
Brufen 400 tablet is used to provide relief from pain and inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis, joints, reduced movements of joints (ankylosing spondylitis), back pain, sprains, muscles, dental, period pain, headache and pain after surgical procedure.
Contraindications of Brufen 400mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin, any other medicines of the NSAID group or any other ingredients of Brufen 400 tablet.
- If you have experienced bleeding from the stomach, have stomach ulcers or bleeding from the stomach or gut.
- If you have an increased bleeding tendency.
- If you suffer from severe heart, kidney or liver failure.
- If you are pregnant (last 3 months).
Side effects of Brufen 400mg Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Spinning sensation in the head
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Runny nose
- Blood in stools (black stools)
- Blood in vomiting
- Breathing difficulty
Precautions and Warnings of Brufen 400mg Tablet
Can I take Brufen 400 tablet during pregnancy?
Use of Brufen 400 tablet is not recommended during the last three months of pregnancy and also in the early months of pregnancy, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Take this medicine only when it is clearly prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Brufen 400 tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the presence of ibuprofen in breastmilk. Brufen 400 tablet should be avoided in breastfeeding mothers, and should be taken only if it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Brufen 400 tablet?
Brufen 400 tablet may sometimes cause drowsiness or sleepiness. Do not drive, if you experience these side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with Brufen 400 tablet?
You should not consume alcohol if you are taking Brufen 400 tablet as it will increase the risk of stomach discomforts, ulcers and bleeding.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have stomach-related problems like bleeding from the stomach and ulcers (ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease) or bleeding disorders.
- You have a history of allergic problems, asthma, etc.
- You have heart-related problems, diabetes.
- You have a serious disease of the kidney or liver.
- You suffer from autoimmune disorders like systemic lupus erythematosus (risk of aseptic meningitis), mixed connective tissue disorders.
- You are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant.
- Use this medicine with caution in the case of children and the elderly.
Mode of Action of Brufen 400mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Brufen 400 tablet contain ibuprofen which inhibits the chemicals responsible for pain, swelling, redness and offers relief in joint and muscular pains due to rheumatoid arthritis or other reasons.
Directions for Use of Brufen 400mg Tablet
- Take Brufen 400 tablet as directed by your doctor.
- The medicine is taken orally and may be taken with or without food, as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Brufen 400mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Brufen works, or Brufen itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines (disease class from the drug interaction) for eg. to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.Read less
- Medicines to prevent blood clot such as warfarin should be used cautiously as it increases the risk of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Brufen 400mg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C, in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Brufen 400mg Tablet
If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately as an overdose may result in vomiting, abdominal pain, headache, ulceration or bleeding from the stomach, confusion or even fits.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Brufen 400 tablet during pregnancy?
A: Brufen 400 tablet should be strictly avoided during the last 3 months of pregnancy and even during the first six months. It should be taken only when it is very neccesary and prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Brufen 400 tablet cause stomach pain?
A: Brufen 400 tablet can cause pain and discomfort in the stomach. Take this medicine after food and if the discomfort persists, ask your doctor to prescribe supportive medicine for gastric discomfort.
Q: Can Brufen 400 tablet be used to treat headache?
A: Yes, Brufen 400 tablet can be used to treat headache.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 May 2021 | 12:23 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved