Bro Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
By WOCKHARDT LIMITED
100ml Expectorant in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bro-Zedex SF Syrup is used in the management of wet cough that is caused due to asthma and infection of airways, lungs, and throat such as bronchitis. It is a combination of three medicines - Bromhexine, Guaifenesin, and Terbutaline. The wet cough is usually accompanied by chest tightness, spasm, mucous build-up, wheezing, and difficulty in expelling out the cough. Bromhexine is a mucolytic agent, Guaifenesin is an expectorant, and Terbutaline is a bronchodilator. Bro-Zedex SF Syrup works by thinning, liquefying, and loosening the mucus and makes its expulsion easy. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier.
Uses of Bro Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
The Bro-Zedex Syrup is used to manage wet cough associated with bronchial asthma, infection, or inflammation in the lungs, throat, and airways.
Contraindications of Bro Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- If you are allergic to Guaifenesin, Terbutaline, Bromhexine or any other components of this syrup
- If you have high blood pressure or any other heart problems like heart failure
- If you have an overactive thyroid gland
- If you have liver or kidney function problem
- If you have a history of or have active ulcer
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you recently had surgery or going to undergo surgery
- If you have diabetes or you experience seizures and tremors
Side effects of Bro Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Precautions and Warnings of Bro Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Can I take Bro-Zedex SF Syrup during pregnancy?
It is not advised to take Bro-Zedex SF Syrup during pregnancy. Your doctor can prescribe you this if required, and the potential benefit outweighs the risk to the foetus.
Can I take Bro-Zedex SF Syrup while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bro-Zedex SF Syrup?
It can cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Bro-Zedex SF Syrup?
Alcohol intake, along with this medicine, can make you more drowsy or dizzy. Try to avoid alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience any allergies after taking this syrup
- If you have a history of asthma, peptic ulcers, liver or kidney disorder
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have any heart problem like irregular heartbeat or heart failure
- If you have a history of fits, seizures or tremors
- If you have diabetes, overactive thyroid gland
- If you find a low potassium level in your blood
- If you are already taking any other medicines for cough
- This syrup should not be given to the children
Mode of Action of Bro Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
How Does It Work?
- Bromhexine helps in reducing the mucous by boosting the production of phlegm in the respiratory tract and aids to make the mucus thinner and less sticky. Therefore, it makes the expulsion of cough easier.read less
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant, it helps in thinning the mucus in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways.
- Terbutaline is a bronchodilator that acts by relaxing the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances Therefore, it improves airflow to the lungs and makes breathing easier.read less
Directions for Use of Bro Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Take Bro-Zedex Syrup as prescribed by your doctor
- This syrup can be taken with or without eating a meal
- Shake well before use
- Carefully measure the dose using a special measuring cup or spoon
- Do not consume this syrup directly from the bottle
Interactions of Bro Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Bro-Zedex syrup along with Theophylline used to treat asthma and Propranolol, Atenolol and other similar medicines of this class used to treat high blood pressure is not advised.
- Medicines used for the treatment of psychiatric disorders and other medicines used for brain disorders such as Desipramine, Selegiline, Amitriptyline etc. should be used cautiously.
- This syrup should be used with caution in corticosteroids like Prednisone (used to treat inflammation), Acetazolamide (used to prevent altitude sickness), water pills such as Furosemide and Hydrochlorothiazide (used to treat high blood pressure).read less
- This syrup should not be combined with cough suppressants as it may alter the action of Bro-Zedex Syrup
- Medicines used to treat an eye condition called glaucoma including eye drops and medicines to treat asthma or other respiratory disorders may interact with the action of this syrup.
Storage and disposal of Bro Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Bro Zedex Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
The symptoms of an overdose of Bro-Zedex Syrup include abdominal pain, nausea, dry mouth, fits, fast heartbeat and drowsiness. In case of an overdose, reach out to your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dosage to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before starting Bro-Zedex SF Syrup?
- Consult with your doctor if you are suffering from stomach ulcer or have a history of stomach ulcer
- Do inform your doctor in case you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Consult your doctor before giving this syrup to a child
- Consult your doctor if your cough doesnt get better and is accompanied with fever, rash and headache even after taking the cough syrup for 1 week
Q: Can I take Bro-Zedex SF Syrup for dry cough?
A: This syrup is generally used for wet cough only. It helps in loosening up the mucus (phlegm), increasing airway secretions, and relaxing the airways so that the mucus is released, liquefy, and expelled from the airways easily through coughing. Consult your doctor for more information on which medicine/syrup to be taken for dry cough.
Q: What is the dosage of Bro-Zedex SF Syrup for a 5-year-old child?
A: It is not advisable to give any medicine to kids without consulting a child specialist. Your doctor will prescribe the suitable medication after accessing the condition of your child.
Q: Does Bro-Zedex SF Syrup cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, it can cause drowsiness. Avoid driving, or doing any work that requires concentration and attention if you experience such symptoms.
Q: Can we give Bro-Zedex SF Syrup to elderly patients?
A: Elderly patients are more prone to the side effects of this medicine. Also, conditions like glaucoma, prostate problems, liver and kidney diseases are more prevalent in the elderly population, aggravating the side effects of this medicine. Therefore, always consult a doctor before giving it to elderly patients.
Q: I have hyperthyroidism for the past 4 years, can I take Bro-Zedex SF syrup ?
A: No, Bro-Zedex SF syrup is contraindicated in patients who have overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
Q: What are the side-effects that I can experience after taking Bro-Zedex SF syrup?
A: The common side-effects experienced after taking Bro-Zedex SF syrup are headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, indigestion, fast pounding heartbeats (palpitations), shakiness, sweating
Q: How should I store Bro-Zedex SF syrup?
A: Store Bro-Zedex SF syrup in a cool and dry place at room temperature. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use the medicine after its expiry date. Take the medicine in dose as prescribed by the doctor
- HPRA. SmPC. Bisolvon Oral Solution. [Accessed on 17.Aug.2020] (online)
- NPRA. Terbutaline Syrup. PIL. [Accessed on 17.Aug.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Guaifenesin. [Accessed on 17.Aug.2020] (online)
- Medline Plus. Terbutaline. [Accessed on 17.Aug.2020] (online)
- Bromhexine.Com. [Accessed on 17.Aug.2020] (online)
|You Save||₹18.71 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Bromhexine(4.0 Mg),Terbutaline(1.25 Mg),Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Cough with mucus|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Last Updated on: 09 Apr 2021 | 10:33 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved