Brimodin Eye Drops 5ml
Brimodin 0.2 % Description
Brimodin Eye Drop is used to lower pressure in the eye in patients having open-angle glaucoma and ocular high pressure in the eyes. It contains brimonidine as its active ingredient. It works initiall
y by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (watery fluid similar to plasma) in the eye which decreases the pressure inside the eye. If used for a longer duration it also works by drainage of aqueous humour. Redness, burning, itching, foreign body sensation in eyes, blurring of eyes, allergic swelling of eyelid or conjunctiva are some of the side effects of using this medicine. If side effects bother you or your condition does not improve over time, inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹41.39 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||To lower pressure in the eye in patients having open-angle glaucoma|
|Side effects||Redness, burning, itching in the eyes|
Uses of Brimodin 0.2 %
Contraindications of Brimodin 0.2 %
- If you are allergic to Brimonidine or any of the other ingredients Brimodin Eye Drop.
- If you are using this medicine with other medicines such as monoamine oxidase inhibitor and a tricyclic antidepressant group of medicine.
- Brimodin Eye Drop should not be used for a child of age less than 2 years.
Side effects of Brimodin 0.2 %
- Redness, burning, itching
- The sensation of foreign particles in the eyes
- Blurring of eyes
- Allergic swelling of eyelid or conjunctiva
- Dryness of mouth
- Dryness of eyes
- Intolerance to light
Precautions and Warnings of Brimodin 0.2 %
Other General Warnings
- You are using Brimodin Eye Drop for your child of age above 2 years. Use should be done with caution in such patients.
- You have low mood, brain disease, reduce blood flow to heart or part of the body, decrease in blood pressure after a change of body posture, swelling and narrowing of small blood vessels of feet, hand, etc....
- You have any liver, heart or kidney disease.
- You are using contact lense as a component called benzalkonium chloride present in this medicine can cause discolouration of soft contact lenses.
- Your eyes are dry. Use should be done with caution.
Mode of Action of Brimodin 0.2 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Brimodin 0.2 %
- Use Brimodin Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully. Do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Brimodin 0.2 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Brimodin Eye Drop should not be used with medicines such as monoamine oxidase inhibitor (used in brain diseases).
- Concomitant use along with medicines used in high blood pressure should be done with caution.
Storage and disposal of Brimodin 0.2 %
- Store Brimodin Eye Drop at a temperature below 25 °C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Brimodin 0.2 %
- As Brimodin Eye Drop is meant for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you instil extra drops of it, wash eyes thoroughly with water.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)