Bioflox Tz Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bioflox Tz Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat diarrhoea & dysentery caused due to bacteria, amoeba or other microorganisms. Diarrhoea is a condition of passing three or more loose or liquid stools per day. It is usually a symptom of infection due to a bacteria, parasite, amoeba or other organisms. It is a combination medicine containing norfloxacin and tinidazole. This medicine works by killing the microorganisms that cause infection. The dose, frequency and duration of the treatment are decided by your doctor. This medicine should be taken at least 1 hour before or at least 2 hours after a meal or ingestion of milk and/or other dairy products. Diarrhoea or dysentery is usually caused due to contaminated food or drinking-water, or from person to person as a result of poor hygiene. Regular hand washing, consuming safe drinking water, maintaining good personal and food hygiene should be followed while taking this medicine to prevent the spread of infection. You should also consume plenty of liquid to combat dehydration due to diarrhoea. Before initiating the treatment inform your doctor about all the medicines and supplements you are taking and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from. Bioflox Tz Tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age....
|You Save||₹1.64 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Norfloxacin(400.0 Mg),Tinidazole(600.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting|
|Classification||ANTI-AMOEBIC AND ANTI-DIARRHOEAL|
Check more medicines with composition as Norfloxacin(400.0 Mg) + Tinidazole(600.0 Mg)
5 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Bioflox Tz Tablet
Uses of Bioflox Tz Tablet
For the treatment of diarrhoea and dysentery caused due to bacteria, amoeba or other microorganisms.
Contraindications of Bioflox Tz Tablet
- If you are allergic to this tablet or any other components of Bioflox Tz Tablet.
- If you have a history of a tendon (tissue joining muscle to bone) infection or tendon rupture or damage with any medicine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a brain and nerves-related problem.
- If you have a history or any disorder related to blood.
- If you are suffering from muscle weakness due to myasthenia gravis.
Side effects of Bioflox Tz Tablet
- Stomach cramps
- Body pain
Precautions and Warnings of Bioflox Tz Tablet
Can I take Bioflox Tz Tablet during pregnancy?
Bioflox Tz Tablet should be avoided during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Bioflox Tz Tablet while breastfeeding?
Bioflox Tz Tablet passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Hence, this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bioflox Tz Tablet?
Bioflox Tz Tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy; you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Bioflox Tz Tablet?
Alcohol and other preparations containing ethanol or propylene glycol should be avoided during treatment with Bioflox Tz Tablet and 3 days following the treatment. It may produce symptoms like stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, and skin redness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have tendon or nerve problems.
- You have a condition that causes muscle weakness.
- You have problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, abnormal heart rhythm, and slow heartbeat.
- You have problems with your kidney, liver or lung.
- You are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
- You have fits, restlessness, light-headedness, confusion, and hallucinations or are suffering from a brain disorder.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis or a history of joint issues.
- You have a condition of glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long as Bioflox Tz Tablet may make you more sensitive to the sun.
- You are above 60 years of age, as older people may be at the risk of developing tendon disorders like tendon rupture.
- Patient on this treatment should drink enough water to keep the body hydrated as this medicine increases the chances of crystal formation in urine.
- Bioflox Tz Tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age as their safety and efficacy have not been established.
Mode of Action of Bioflox Tz Tablet
How Does It Work?
- The combination of Bioflox Tz Tablet kills bacteria and protozoa that are responsible for diarrhoea and maintains the healthy bacteria in the intestine.
- Norfloxacin is an antibiotic that damages the bacterial DNA and eventually kills them. It helps in clearing different types of bacterial infections.
- Tinidazole is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial agent that produces free radicals and damages the cells and DNA of protozoa.
Directions for Use of Bioflox Tz Tablet
Swallow Bioflox Tz Tablet as a whole with sufficient water. Do not break, cut or chew this medicine. You should take this medicine regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor. Do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Bioflox Tz Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with Theophylline, may cause headache, insomnia, irritability, restlessness, fits, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, shaking, and fast heart rate.
- Concomitant use with blood thinners like warfarin, coumadin, etc. may enhance the effects of these medicines.
- The use of antidiabetics like Glyburide, along with this medicine, can affect your blood sugar level. The doctor may ask you to monitor blood sugar level regularly.
- Multivitamins (containing iron, & zinc), antacids, sucralfate, and didanosine should not be consumed together with this medicine. These medicines should be taken either 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking this tablet....
- Concomitant use of Bioflox Tz Tablet along with Nitrofurantoin (used to treat infection) is not recommended as it may alter the effects of Norfloxacin.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with NSAIDs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc.), may increase the risk of having fits or seizures. Hence, it should be used with caution.
- You should be cautious when taking this tablet along with caffeine, Clozapine, Ropinirole, Tacrine and Tizanidine.
- Medicines like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin (used in epilepsy), Rifampin (used in tuberculosis), Cholestyramine (used to decrease blood cholesterol levels), Oxytetracycline (used in infections) decreases the effectiveness of Bioflox Tz Tablet....
- Medicines like Cimetidine (used in stomach and intestinal ulcers) and Ketoconazole (fungal infections) increases the chances of side effects of Bioflox Tz Tablet in the body.
- Other medicines like Cyclosporine, Probenecid, Erythromycin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fluorouracil, Indapamide, Digoxin, and Lithium should be used cautiously along with Bioflox Tz Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Bioflox Tz Tablets should be taken at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal or ingestion of milk and/or other dairy products.
Storage and disposal of Bioflox Tz Tablet
Store Bioflox Tz Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets. Do not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Bioflox Tz Tablet
In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It would help if you never missed your dose of Bioflox Tz Tablet as it may lead to treatment failure. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Bioflox Tz Tablet used for?
A: Bioflox Tz Tablet is used to treat infectious diarrhoea caused by bacterial, amoebic, or mixed organisms.
Q: Can I have Bioflox Tz Tablet on empty stomach?
A: Take Bioflox Tz Tablet exactly as your doctor tells you to. However, it should preferably be taken before meals or 1-2 hours after the meals, for its better absorption and good results.
Q: How many times can we take Bioflox Tz Tablet?
A: The dose and frequency of taking this antibiotic medicine normally depend on the type and severity of the infection. Therefore, you must take this medicine exactly as told by the doctor. Do not exceed the maximum daily doses and treatment durations prescribed.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.