Bidin Ls Eye Drops
Bidin Ls 0.1 % Description
Bidin LS eye drops are used to lower pressure in the eye in patients having open-angle glaucoma or high pressure in the eyes (ocular hypertension). It contains brimonidine as the active ingredient. B
idin LS eye drops works by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (watery fluid similar to plasma) in the eye which helps to reduce the pressure inside the eyes. Use this medicine exactly as prescribed by the doctor. It is meant for external use only. Do not swallow or ingest. Before using this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding, and about your complete medical history. Bidin LS eye drops is not recommended for use in children below 12 years and is contraindicated in neonates and infants (less than 2 years of age).
Uses of Bidin Ls 0.1 %
Contraindications of Bidin Ls 0.1 %
- If you are allergic to brimonidine or any other ingredient of Bidin LS eye drops.
- If you are taking medicines called monoamine oxidase inhibitors or other antidepressant medicines. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- Bidin LS eye drops should not be used in children aged less than 2 years.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Bidin Ls 0.1 %
- Eye irritation (burning, stinging, itching)
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Bidin Ls 0.1 %
Other General Warnings
- You are using Bidin LS eye drops for your child of age above 2 years. Use should be done with caution in such patients.
- You have low mood, brain disease, reduce blood flow to the heart or any part of the body, decrease in blood pressure after a change of body posture, swelling and narrowing of small blood vessels of feet, hand, etc....
- You have any liver, heart, or kidney disease.
- You are using contact lenses.
- You have a condition called dry eyes.
Mode of Action of Bidin Ls 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Bidin Ls 0.1 %
- Use Bidin LS eye drops exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully and do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2 - 3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. The dropper must be kept clean to avoid infections.
- Using a clean tissue or cloth, wipe any excess liquid from your face.
- Use the exact number of drops as recommended by your doctor.
- If you have been prescribed any other eye drops or eye ointments, keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both medicines.
Interactions of Bidin Ls 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Bidin LS eye drops is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating any other health conditions.
- Bidin LS should not be used with medicines such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors and with antidepressants (tricyclic antidepressants, mianserin).
- Caution should be exercised when this medicine is used along with other medicines used in the management of high blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Bidin Ls 0.1 %
- Store Bidin LS eye drops at a temperature below 25 °C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Bidin Ls 0.1 %
- As Bidin LS eye drops is meant for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have instilled extra quantity of eye drops than recommended, wipe out the excess medicine with a clean tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Bidin LS cause low blood pressure?
Q: The doctor has given me another eye drop for my medical condition. Can I use Bidin LS with another eye drop?
Q: Does Bidin LS cause blurring of vision?
Q: Is it necessary to store Bidin LS eye drops in the refrigerator?
Q: What is Bidin LS used for?
- Alphagan - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 September 2022]
- Brimonidine: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2022 [cited 21 September 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 September 2022]