Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules
By BAL PHARMA LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules Description
Bal Lanz 30mg Cap is used for the treatment of stomach or intestinal ulcers, inflammation in the oesophagus (oesophagitis), and Zollinger–Ellison syndrome (a disease in which tumours cause the stoma
ch to produce too much acid, resulting in peptic ulcers). It contains lansoprazole as its active component. Bal Lanz 30mg Cap works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Take this medicine at the dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
|You Save||₹6.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, stomach ulcers|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach discomfort|
Check more medicines with composition as Lansoprazole(30.0 Mg)
Uses of Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules
- Bal Lanz 30mg Cap is used in treating heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach comes up to food pipe and mouth.
- It is also used for the treatment of ulcers of the stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of the food pipe (oesophagitis) due to stomach acid.
- This medicine is also useful in the management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules
If you are allergic to lansoprazole or any of the components present in the .
Side effects of Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules
- Stomach discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules
Can I take Bal Lanz 30mg Cap during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of this medicine during pregnancy. Thus, it is recommended to avoid taking this medicine, unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or think you are pregnant.
Can I take Bal Lanz 30mg Cap while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of this medicine on breastmilk and breastfeeding. Thus, it is recommended to avoid taking this medicine. Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bal Lanz 30mg Cap ?
If you experience dizziness, visual disturbances and vomiting after taking this medicine, then it is advised to avoid driving or be cautious.
Can I consume alcohol with Bal Lanz 30mg Cap ?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Bal Lanz 30mg Cap as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach disease worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to Bal Lanz 30mg Cap.
- You are in any anti-HIV medicines.
- You are taking this medicine for more than 3 months, as it may lower the magnesium level in the body.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12, as this medicine may alter the levels of vitamin B12.
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You have bone fracture.
- You experience diarrhea.
- You have skin reaction or skin condition such as systemic lupus erythomatous (SLE).
Mode of Action of Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump present in the stomach wall is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Lansoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Therefore, it is used in conditions where there is excessive acidity....
Directions for Use of Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules
- Bal Lanz 30mg Cap should be taken as advised by your doctor. It should be preferably taken 30 minutes before meals.
- If you are giving it to your child, dissolve the in a small quantity of water and allow it to disintegrate. Give this dissolved solution to your child within 15mins.
Interactions of Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection such as atazanavir and nelfinavir, should not be used concomitantly with this .
- Bal Lanz 30mg Cap can increase the effect of medicine like methotrexate (used to treat autoimmune disease and cancer).
- Medicines like ketoconazole, itraconazole, rifampicin (used to treat infections) should not be taken along with Bal Lanz 30mg Cap . If both the medicines are to be taken along, then a minimum gap of 1 hour should be maintained between both....
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with this .
- Co-administration of Bal Lanz 30mg Cap with warfarin (used to treat blood clots) may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Bal Lanz 30mg Cap may decrease the effectiveness of theophylline (used to treat asthma), tacrolimus (immunomodulatory medicine) when taken along.
- Some medicine like fluoxamine (mood related disorder), sucralfate (anatacid), rifampicin (anti-infective medicine) may decrease the effectiveness of this medicine.
Interactions with food items
You should take the at least 30 minutes before food.
Storage and disposal of Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules
- Store Bal Lanz 30mg Cap in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Bal Lanz 30mg Capsules
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take Bal Lanz 30mg Cap ?
A: It is advised to take this medicine at least 30 mins before taking any meal.
Q: What should I do if I frequently experience heartburn and stomach pain?
- Try to observe if a particular dietary ingredient is causing this issue and avoid it.
- Also, avoid very oily, spicy and fried food.
- Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol.
- Do not eat heavy meals before going to bed.
- Exercise regularly.
Q: What is Bal Lanz 30mg Cap used for?
A: Bal Lanz 30mg Cap is used for the treatment of chest pain and heartburn due to stomach acid. It is also used in the treatment of several forms of ulcer of the gut and conditions of excessive stomach acid production.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Lansoprazole 30 mg orodispersible tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- DailyMed - GOOD NEIGHBOR PHARMACY LANSOPRAZOLE- lansoprazole capsule, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- JUNIOR LANZOL ODT [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed