Aztor 80mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
- Aztor 80mg Tab belongs to the statin group of medicines, consists of atorvastatin as its main constituent, and is used for the treatment of high cholesterol levels.
Uses of Aztor 80mg Tab
- High cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia)
- Prevents chances of stroke in heart patients
Contraindications of Aztor 80mg Tab
- Individuals suffering from liver conditions like hepatitis or jaundice are not recommended this medication
- It is advised against precribing to those who are allergic to atorvastatin
Side effects of Aztor 80mg Tab
- Joint and muscle pain
- Complications in existing liver conditions
Precautions and Warnings of Aztor 80mg Tab
Can I take Aztor 80mg Tab during pregnancy?
It is not safe to take atrovastatin during pregnancy.
Can I take Aztor 80mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding mothers are advised not to take the medicine while still feeding. If extremely necessary, feeding must only be resumed after the completion of the tenure and waiting for another week or 10 days.
Can I drive if I have consumed Aztor 80mg Tab?
There are no known complications which can affect one's driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Aztor 80mg Tab?
Increased and regular consumption of alcohol is not advised with the medicine, as it can damage the liver.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
People with kidney conditions are advised to inform the doctor to find a safer dosage or prescription
Mode of Action of Aztor 80mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Atorvastatin inhibits the cholesterol biosynthesis which lowers the level of cholesterol in the body. The medicine works mainly in the liver where it controls the low density lipoproteins.
Directions for Use of Aztor 80mg Tab
Aztor 80mg Tab is to be taken in the dosage fixed by the doctor. No changes should be made in the dose or frequency of it.
Interactions of Aztor 80mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used and to treat bacterial infections like erythromycin and others can result in an increased concentration of Aztor 80mg Tab in the blood and can lead to severe side effects
- HIV medications including ritonavir also result in the concentration of atorvastatin in the blood
- Fusidic acid and atorvastatin should at least have a week of separation between them to prevent the risk of muscle breakdown
Interactions with food items
Taking grapejuice along with atorvastatin must be limited to what is advised by the doctor, as it might react and lead to side effects.
Other general Interactions
Individuals suffering from muscle pain or other muscle related condition or a family history of muscle complication must discuss the issue with a doctor before taking atorvastatin.
Storage and disposal of Aztor 80mg Tab
The medicine is advised to be stored at room temperatures and away from direct heat or moisture.
Dosage of Aztor 80mg Tab
An overdose on atorvastatin needs immediate medical attention or a consultation with the doctor if you suspect the symptoms like nosebleed, unbearable stomach pain, blood in urine or while coughing
Missed a Dose
A missed dose must be made up as early as possible but not resulting in a double dose. There should be at least a 12 hour separation between doses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it takes for the cholesterol levels to show signs of lowering?
- Take the medicine according to the prescription. Follow the directions and advice of the doctors, the cholesterol levels should lower in about 4 weeks.
Q: Is it safe to use contraceptives along with Aztor 80mg Tab?
A: Atorvastatin can result in increased side effects of the contraceptives.
Q: Can a sudden stop from taking atorvastatin poses any complications?
- A sudden stop from taking atorvastatin can result in the cholesterol levels to rise which can result in a stroke or blockage.
Q: Is smoking an issue in people who are on a prescription for atorvastatin?
A: It is advised to cut back or quit smoking and drinking alcohol, doing so can assist in the treatment process.
Q: Can an individual with bordering type 2 diabetes take atorvastatin?
A: Individuals on such bordering levels are advised to consult with a doctor as atrovastatin is known to increase blood sugar levels slightly. In bordering cases it can be enough to declare a type 2 diabetes.
Other Products from this Brand
- Aztor 10 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Aztor 20 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Aztor 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Aztor 5 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Aztor 20 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Aztor 80 Mg Tab 15 S
- Aztor 40 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Aztor 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Aztor 5 Mg Tablet
- Aztor 10 Mg Tablet 20
- Aztor 20 Mg Bottle Of 60 Tablets 30 Tablets Free
- Aztor 40 Mg Bottle Of 60 Tablets
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved