Aztolet 10mg Tablet
Aztolet 10mg Tablet Description
Aztolet is used to lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes. It is also used to reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus aiding in preventing a
heart attack, stroke, etc. Aztolet 10 tablet is a combination medicine containing atorvastatin and clopidogrel as active ingredients. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol levels thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and preventing strokes and heart attacks. Clopidogrel works by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibiting blood clot formation. It helps in keeping the blood flow smoothly in your body. Nausea, indigestion, sleeplessness, joint pain or muscle pain are some of the side effects of using this medicine.
|You Save||₹25.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clopidogrel(75.0 Mg) + Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High cholesterol and prevent heart attack|
|Side effects||Nausea, indigestion, sleeplessness, joint or muscle pain, loose motions|
|Therapy||ANTI-PLATELET AND HYPOLIPIDEMIC DRUGS|
Uses of Aztolet 10mg Tablet
Contraindications of Aztolet 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin, clopidogrel or any other ingredients of Aztolet 10 tablet.
- If you have any liver disease.
- If you have bleeding due to an ulcer in your bowel or bleeding in your brain.
- If you are pregnant or may become pregnant.
- If you are a lactating mother.
Side effects of Aztolet 10mg Tablet
- Joint or muscle pain
- Loose motions
- Increase bleeding tendency
Precautions and Warnings of Aztolet 10mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You have muscle pain or muscle weakness after taking this medicine.
- You have diabetes or any lung disease.
- You have a recent history of stroke.
- You have any scheduled surgery.
- You have a fever or your blood platelet level decreases after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Aztolet 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and preventing stroke and heart attacks.
- Clopidogrel works by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibiting blood clot formation. It helps in keeping the blood flow smoothly in your body.
Directions for Use of Aztolet 10mg Tablet
- Take Aztolet 10 tablets with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Aztolet 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Aztolet 10 tablet with other medicines such as Omeprazole, Esomeprazole, Fluoxetine, Fluconazole, Carbamazepine, Efavirenz can decrease the action of clopidogrel present in this medicine....
- Concomitant use of Aztolet 10 tablet with other medicines such as Niacin, Cyclosporine, Clarithromycin, Gemfibrozil, Itraconazole or medicines from protease inhibitor group of medicine can cause muscle problems....
- Concomitant use of Aztolet 10 tablets with medicines such as Ritonavir, Lopinavir, Indinavir, Ketoconazole, Clarithromycin can increase the blood level of Atorvastatin.
- Concomitant use of Aztolet 10 tablets with medicines such as Efavirenz, Rifampin can decrease the blood level of Atorvastatin.
- Concomitant use of Aztolet 10 tablets with medicines from the NSAID group of medicines used in pain management can increase risks of stomach or bowel bleeding.
- Aztolet 10 tablets should be used cautiously with oral contraceptives.
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Aztolet 10mg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use Aztolet 10 tablet after the expiry date.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.