Azirin 500mg Tab
By LABORATE PHARMACEUTICALS INDIA LTD
3 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Azirin Tablet contains Azithromycin as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic. It is used to treat bacterial infection caused by various organisms at different parts of the body such as lungs, throat, airways, urinary tract, dental. It acts by inhibiting the growth of the causative bacteria, thus killing the bacteria. Take this tablet as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. You may experience adverse effects like diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, headache. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Azirin 500mg Tab
Uses of Azirin 500 MG
Azirin Tablet is used to treat bacterial infection caused by various susceptible organisms.
Contraindications of Azirin 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Azithromycin or any other component of Azirin Tablet.
- If you are allergic to erythromycin, any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic.
Side effects of Azirin 500 MG
- Abdominal pain/discomfort
- Altered blood cell count
- Decrease appetite
- Loose stools
Precautions and Warnings of Azirin 500 MG
Can I take Azirin Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Azirin Tablet on pregnancy. It is recommended to avoid taking this medcince unless prescribed by your doctor after assessing the benefit.
Can I take Azirin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Azirin Tablet passes into the breast milk and may cause harm to the infant. Monitor your child closely for diarrhoea, vomiting, fungal infection while you are on this medicine. If you suspect any of the symptoms in your baby, report to the doctor immediately.
Can I drive if I have consumed Azirin Tablet?
If you experience any side effect like dizziness, visual impairment, blurred vision after taking Azirin Tablet, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Azirin Tablet?
It is recommended to avoid drinking alcohol while on Azirin Tablet, as it may increase the side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had any allergic reactions due to medicine.
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- Your child vomiting or has irritability while feeding.
- You have heart disease such as irregular heart rate, heart failure, decreased heart rate.
- You are on any medication.
- You experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have myasthenia gravis.
- You have a severe infection.
- You have sinusitis, tonsilitis, ear infection, wounds, skin infection.
- You get any fungal infection after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Azirin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Azirin Tablet works by killing or inhibiting the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Azirin 500 MG
- Azirin Tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, chew or break this medicine.
- If you are taking any antacids, then Azirin Tablet should be taken at least one hour before or two hours after the dose of antacids. Take it at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
Interactions of Azirin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Azirin Tablet works, or Azirin Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially/In particular if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Azirin 500 MG
- Store at a temperature below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Azirin 500 MG
Excess of Azirin Tablet may cause a reversible loss of hearing, severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the use of Azirin Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Azirin Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take azithromycin?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have an allergy to clarithromycin. You should also never take other medicines from the same class of antibiotics (macrolides) eg Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Roxithromycin, Azithromycin and Fidaxomicin.
Q: Can Azirin Tablet be used for tonsilitis?
A: Azirin Tablet is not the first line of treatment for tonsilitis, however, it further depends on the infection causing organism. Your doctor may prescribe you the medicine based on the susceptible organism.
Q: Can I stop taking Azirin Tablet when my symptoms are relieved or when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Azirin Tablet and complete the full course of treatment else the treatment might fail and the chance of reoccurrence of the infection increases. You may feel better before your infection is being cured completely. To gain optimal benefit it is advised to take it for the prescribed duration.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.