Azax 250mg Tablet
Azax 250 MG Description
Azax-250 tablet is a macrolide antibiotic. It contains azithromycin as the active substance. Azax-250 tablet is used in the treatment of enteric fever, which has been unresponsive to other antibioti
cs. This medicine should be used for the exact dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel better, without informing your doctor. Inform your doctor about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine. If you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or a breastfeeding mother, talk to your doctor.
|You Save||₹10.47 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Typhoid fever or bacterial infections|
|Side effects||Headache, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, diarrhoea|
Uses of Azax 250 MG
Contraindications of Azax 250 MG
Side effects of Azax 250 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Azax 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have heart problems or abnormal heart rhythms.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have muscle weakness.
- You develop other signs of infection.
- You have any brain-related problems.
- You have low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood.
- You experience any allergic reactions like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, or any other infection.
Mode of Action of Azax 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Azax 250 MG
- Azax-250 tablet should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results, and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Azax 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Azax-250 tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat migraine, heart-related disorders, high cholesterol levels, blood clots, HIV/AIDS, immunosuppressants, etc.
- Antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of at least one hour with Azax-250 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Azax 250 MG
- Azax-250 tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Azax 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Azax-250 tablet if I feel better?
Q: I am allergic to clarithromycin, can I take Azax-250 tablet?
Q: Is there any side effects of Azax-250 tablet?
Q: Can I use Azax-250 tablet for throat infection?
Q: What is Azax 250 used for?
Q: When to take Azax 250?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Azithromycin 250 mg film coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- PrJAMP-azithromycin - pdf.hres.ca [Internet]. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Azithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]