Atorva 5mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
The active ingredient in the composition of Atorva 5mg Tab is a hypolipidemic statin called atorvastatin; it helps to reduce the harmful cholesterol, known as low-density lipoprotein (LDL), in the body.
Uses of Atorva 5mg Tab
- Treating high cholesterol levels
- Cardiac disorders
- Treating high triglyceride levels
Contraindications of Atorva 5mg Tab
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Jaundice or other liver diseases
- Pregnant or breastfeeding females
- Medicines used for treating hepatitis such as glecaprevir and pibrentasvir
Side effects of Atorva 5mg Tab
- Joint ache
- Muscle pain
- Throat ache
- Nose bleed
- Blood test abnormalities
- Worsening of existing liver disease
- Inability to sleep
- Numbness and tingling
- Itching and rashes
- Rhabdomyolysis, i.e. abnormal breakdown of muscles, is linked to fever and can cause severe kidney failure. Patients showing dark urine, or having fever and muscle ache
- Blistering, swelling and peeling of skin, eyes, mouth and genitals
- Rashes on the skin of the palms and sole
Precautions and Warnings of Atorva 5mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
A female who is pregnant or is planning to conceive should not take the medicine.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
The medicine should not be taken by breastfeeding mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
It is safe to drive after having the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Drinking excessive alcohol while on this medicine can lead to liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking any medicines and the conditions for which you are taking them
- You have taken a medicine containing fusidic acid within the past week because these two medicines when taken together will cause muscle spasms
- You have any muscle-related problems such as spasms or pain when taking cholesterol-controlling medicines or even without them
- You have a habit of regularly drinking alcohol
Mode of Action of Atorva 5mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Atorva 5mg Tab interferes with the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, which forms cholesterol in the body. It also helps to increase level of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), which is known as good cholesterol.
Directions for Use of Atorva 5mg Tab
You should take the dosage and frequency of Atorva 5mg Tab as prescribed by your doctor along with water.
Interactions of Atorva 5mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat hepatitis C such as glecaprevir and pibrentasvir should not be taken with this medicine
- When itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, ciclosporin, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, tipranavir are being taken, they increase the amount of this medicine in blood, which can cause side effectsread less
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines such as gemfibrozil will increase the risk of muscle breakdown
- Along with medicines such as verapamil and diltiazem, the lowest dose of Atorva 5mg Tab should be given
Interactions with food items
One must avoid or limit the consumption of grape juice while taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Atorva 5mg Tab
You should store this medicine at room temperature and keep it away from heat, moisture and sunlight. You should also keep it away from children.
Dosage of Atorva 5mg Tab
If you suspect an overdose, you should seek immediate medical intervention.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, you should take it as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient time for the next dose. If it is time for your next dose, you should skip the missed dose instead of taking a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What other precautions should be taken with the medicine?
A: This medicine should be taken to control cholesterol levels; it should be supplemented with the correct low-fat diet and exercise.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine?
A: It is advisable to connect this medicine with a daily task, which ensures that you take this medicine at the same time everyday and do not miss a dose. You can also set an alarm or keep a reminder for taking this medicine.
Q: Can this medicine be taken before food?
A: You should take this medicine with or without food as advised by your doctor at a fixed time everyday.
Q: Is the medicine safe for children?
A: Similar to all medicines, the dose, frequency and schedule may vary for children; it should not be given without medical advice.
Q: How much time does this medicine take to act?
A: The medicine starts its action within 5 days; however, significant changes are seen in cholesterol levels in 2–3 weeks.
Other Variants for
Atorva 5mg Tab
- Atorva 10 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Atorva 40 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atorva 20 Mg Tab 15 S
- Atorva 20 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atorva 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atorva 5 Mg Tab 15 S
- Atorva 80 Mg Tablet
- Atorva 20 Wp Tab
- Atorva 40 Mg Tablet 30
- Atorva 10 Mg Tablet 30
- Atorva 40 Wp Tab
- Atorva 20 Mg Tablet 30
- Atorva 5 Mg Tablet 4
- Atorva Md 80 Mg Tab
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved