Atocor 80 Strip Of 14 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atocor 80 Tab 14'S is a type of hypolipidemic medicine that is used in the treatment and control of high cholesterol levels in the body. The generic name of the medicine is atorvastatin.
Uses of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S
The uses of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S are in the treatment/control of high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia) levels, low-density lipoproteins (LDLs) and hypertriglyceridemia (a condition of increased levels of triglycerides in the body) along with the prevention of stroke in individuals with heart disorders.
Contraindications of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S
- Allergic reaction to this medicine or other statin medicines
- Liver abnormalities
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding mothers
- Anti-hepatitis medicines
Side effects of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S
- The common side effects of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S include pain in the head, muscles, back and joints, loose stools, difficulty in passing stools, vomiting sensation and abnormalities in blood
- The rare side effects of this medicine are loss of hunger, difficulty in sleeping, numbness in the extremities, itching sensation and tiredness
- A severe side effect of this medicine is muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis), the one that requires sincere and swift medical attention
Precautions and Warnings of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy or if you are planning to start a family.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine should be avoided by breastfeeding mothers as it is not considered safe.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive any vehicle.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
The combination of alcohol and this medicine can cause some severe liver damage. So, it is best to avoid alcohol intake during its administration.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
You have disorders related to liver, kidneys or muscles in your family or any previous experience of these disorders; regularly consume alcohol; have a history of using cholesterol-lowering medicines or have taken any antibiotics.
Mode of Action of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S
How Does It Work?
It inhibits the activity of an enzyme (HMG-CoA reductase), which is responsible for the elevation of harmful cholesterol levels.
Directions for Use of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S
The dosage of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S will be prescribed by your healthcare practitioner, which needs to be strictly adhered. Swallow (not chew, crush or break) this medicine with a glass of water.
Interactions of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S
Interactions with other medicines
- There are increased risks of muscle breakdown when this medicine is taken along with other cholesterol-lowering medicines like gemfibrozil, colestipol and ezetimibe
- Interaction of the medicine with fusidic acid (this medicine should be taken after a gap of seven days after stopping the use of fusidic acid) leads to a severe muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
- When this medicine is prescribed for an individual who is already on the prescription of medicines such as amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil, the lowest possible dosage of this medicine is recommended so that the lipid levels are under controlread less
- Medicines like itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, cyclosporine, ketoconazole, erythromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir and tipranavir are known to increase the concentration of this medicine in bloodread less
- This medicine is known to have a negative interaction with hepatitis C medicines such as glecaprevir/ pibrentsavir
Interactions with food items
This medicine only interacts with grapefruit juice, its derivatives and extracts. However, a low-fat diet is strongly recommended to get effective and early results from this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Patients with liver or kidneys' disorders and muscle pain or a history of muscle pain in the family should avoid this medicine. Pregnant and breastfeeding women are also advised not to take up its prescription.
Storage and disposal of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S
This medicine should be kept at room temperature far away from extreme heat, moisture, light and the reach of children and pets. The expired or unused medicines should be discarded via standard methods/protocol instructed by your pharmacist.
Dosage of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S
The health care expert should be immediately apprised in case of an overdose of this medicine. An overdose of Atocor 80 Tab 14'S can increase the risks of side effects.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, then administer it immediately when you realise it. Take it at the next scheduled time if it is time for the upcoming tablet dose. Do not take it more than required for compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should I take this tablet?
A: This medicine is prescribed for a long period of time, and it prevents your cholesterol levels from rising up to unfavourable levels. If you stop it abruptly, then you may not get the desired results, and your cholesterol levels will again increase.
Q: What must I report while I am on the medicine?
A: While on the treatment from this medicine, you must report symptoms of any pain in muscles or joints or any weakness arising after using this medicine. Certain tests may be conducted for the proper monitoring to ascertain whether the tablet is causing any problems or not.
Q: What if my daily routine gets disturbed while I am on the medicine?
A: Take a note of the tablets that you are prescribed to take, and take it daily at the same time of the day/night. Try to associate it with your daily activities like having meals or brushing your teeth so that you remember taking it. Mark it in your calendar or set the alarm as a reminder for the particular time to take your medicine.
Q: Can I take any supplements with this tablet?
A: There are various supplements available in the market but there is no proper evidence that can prove its safety and effectiveness. Ask your doctor before taking this tablet with any other medicines.
Q: Does this tablet my fertility and contraception?
A: There is inadequate information on its action on human fertility. This medicine can increase your hormones from the contraceptive pills without affecting its protection from pregnancy; however, it can increase the risk of side effects.
Other Products from this Brand
- Atocor 10 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atocor 5 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 20 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 10 Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Tab 10 S
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tab 30 S
- Atocor Activ 10 Mg Tab
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 07:22 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved