Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Asomex AT 2.5 mg is a prescription medication that belongs to a group of medications known as calcium channel blockers. The active ingredient present in Asomex AT 2.5 mg is S-Amlodipine. The use of A
somex AT 2.5 mg is for the treatment of high blood pressure and the prevention of heart-related chest pain called Angina. Angina pectoris is a condition in which there is chest pain due to insufficient blood flow to the heart. The mode of action of Asomex AT 2.5 mg mode of action is that it relaxes the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow easily. This lowers blood pressure and reduces a patient's risk of developing a heart attack due to blockage of heart muscles caused by plaque formation. It also reduces the risk of strokes that can cause brain damage, making it easier for the heart to pump blood to the body. The doctor’s directions for use of Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets should be strictly followed. It is advisable to strictly adhere to the dosage schedule and take the medicine on time. This ensures that a certain level of the medication is maintained in the body system. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can cause adverse side effects. Some common side effects of Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets are common side effects: dizziness, headaches, palpitations, flushing of the face, neck or trunk, fatigue, difficulty breathing, increased heart rate, blurred vision, indigestion, acidic stomach, back pain, etc.
|You Save||₹28.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||S Amlodipine(2.5 Mg) + Atenolol(50.0 Mg)|
|Uses||To treat hypertension and prevent angina pectoris|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headaches, palpitations, flushing of the face, neck or trunk, fatigue, difficulty breathing, increased heart rate, blurred vision|
Uses of Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- As per the U.S National Library of Medicine, Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets are used in the treatment of:
- Angina Pectoris
Contraindications of Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Do not take Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets or use with caution:
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to S-amlodipine or other calcium channel blockers and other inactive substances present in the medication.
Side effects of Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Flushing of face, neck or trunk
- Difficulty in breathing
- Increased heart rate
- Blurred vision
- Acidic stomach
- Back pain
- Black or tarry stools
Precautions and Warnings of Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have allergic reactions such as rashes, swelling, severe dizziness, or difficulty breathing after taking this medicine.
- You have hypotension, a condition in which a patient has low blood pressure or cardiogenic shock, a life-threatening condition in which the heart suddenly stops pumping sufficient blood to the body. Use this medication with caution as it can reduce the contractions of the heart muscles and slow the heart rate further. This can reduce blood pressure and the amount of blood pumped by the heart every minute. ...
- If you have coronary heart disease, in which a buildup of plaque can lead to damage to blood vessels of the heart. This medication can reduce heart contractions and slow down the heart rate, causing adverse side effects....
Mode of Action of Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets must be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Take the pill at the same time every day to ensure that a constant level of medication is maintained in the blood.
- Swallow the pill whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break, crush or chew the tablet; this can reduce its efficacy.
- Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Do not take more medicine than what your doctor has recommended. Consult your doctor if you feel that your prescribed dosage isn’t working for you.
- Do not stop taking the medicine without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets can interact with many medicines and cause adverse side effects. It is advised to inform the doctor of all medication being taken so they can be checked for possible interaction issues. The following medicines are known to interact with Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets....
- Carbamazepine (medication used to prevent and control seizures or fits) - significantly reduces the blood levels and effects of Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets, which may make the medication less effective.
- Dexamethasone (medication used to relieve inflammation and treat certain kinds of arthritis) - reduces the blood levels and effects of Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets, which may make the medication less effective....
- Itraconazole (medication used to treat adult fungal infections) - significantly increases the blood levels and effects of Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets leading to a more likely chance of serious side effects such as irregular heart rhythm, fluid retention, swelling, heart failure, and excessively low blood pressure....
- Rifampicin (medication used to treat a variety of serious bacterial infections) - significantly reduces the blood levels of Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets, which may make the medication less effective.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid consuming grapefruit juice when taking Asomex 2.5 mg tablets, as it can increase the rate of absorption of the medication in your body and cause excessive lowering of blood pressure and other adverse side effects....
Storage and disposal of Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Dosage of Asomex At 2.5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can persons with kidney diseases use Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets?
Q: Is Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Can persons with liver disease use Asomex AT 2.5 mg tablets?
- Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021. These highlights do not include all the information needed to use AMLODIPINE BESYLATE TABLETS safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for AMLODIPINE BESYLATE TABLETS. AMLODIPINE BESYLATE Tablets for oral administration Initial U.S. Approval: 1992. [online] Available at: < [Accessed 17 September 2021].
- Medicines.org.uk. 2021. Amlodipine 10 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). [online] Available at: < [Accessed 17 September 2021].