Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
100ml Expectorant in Bottle
30 days return policyRead More
Ascoril LS Syrup is a combination of Ambroxol, Guaifenesin and Levosalbutamol. Ascoril LS Syrup helps in relieving symptoms such as spasm, blockage, swelling and contraction in airways and lungs during asthmatic attacks and chronic bronchitis. This syrup needs to be taken as directed by the doctor. You should not stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel better after taking it for few days. Common side effects of this medicine are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain. Mostly the side effects may occur for a short duration and recover soon.
Uses of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
Ascoril LS Syrup is used to relieve symptoms of asthma attacks like a blockage and spasm in airways and lungs. It is also used for chronic bronchitis, a condition of inflammation and swelling of air passages inside the lungs.
Contraindications of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
- As Ascoril LS Syrup contains Ambroxol, Guaiphenesin, and Terbutaline, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.read less
- If you are allergic to Ambroxol, Guaifenesin, Levosalbutamol or any of the ingredients of Ascoril LS syrup.
- If you are suffering from stomach ulcers.
- If you are suffering from allergic reactions like rashes and the urge to scratch.
- If you are suffering from bronchospasm and swelling in the throat.
Side effects of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Fast heart rate
- Itching & Rashes
- Infection of airway & lungs
Precautions and Warnings of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
Can I take Ascoril LS Syrup during pregnancy?
It is not known if Ascoril LS Syrup is safe during pregnancy due to proper information. Thus, you should avoid taking this medicine if you are pregnant. Your doctor may prescribe this medicine only if it is considered essential.
Can I take Ascoril LS Syrup while breastfeeding?
Components of this syrup pass into breast milk in very small amounts & it is recommended to avoid Ascoril LS Syrup during breastfeeding to avoid any harm to the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ascoril LS Syrup?
It does not affect driving ability. However, if you experience any side effects like dizziness, fits & drowsiness, avoid driving and operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ascoril LS Syrup?
You should not consume alcohol along with Ascoril LS Syrup as it can lead to drowsiness, dizziness and sensory impairment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or breast feeding
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions
- You have any liver, kidney problems or stomach ulcers
- You have a history of asthma, fits or overactive thyroid gland
- You develop a low level of potassium in your blood
Mode of Action of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
How Does It Work?
Ascoril LS Syrup acts by thinning, liquefying and loosening the mucus that is blocking the airways so that it can be coughed out easily. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier.
Directions for Use of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
- Take Ascoril LS Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use, do not take it directly from bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, dropper or spoon for exact quantities.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
Interactions of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Medicine used to treat high blood pressure like Atenolol can worsen the condition
- Water pill should not be taken along with this medicine. Potassium level should be monitored
- Medicine used for the treatment of heart failure like Digoxin
- Medicines used for the treatment of brain disorders like Clomipramine can worsen the heart-related problems
- Other bronchodilators (like Salmeterol, Formoterol, Albuterol, etc.) and medicines that suppress cough like Dextromethorphan, Hydrocodone, Codeine, Noscapine, etc.) should be used with caution along with Ascoril LS syrup.read less
Storage and disposal of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
- Store below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. Expiry date indicates the last day of that month.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different coloured in any way or if particles are present.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
- Overdose of Ascoril LS Syrup can lead to serious heart and kidney-related problems. Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, increased heart rate or fits, stomach pain and drowsiness.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Ascoril LS syrup may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give my child Ascoril LS Syrup for dry cough?
A: Ascoril LS Syrup is generally used for wet cough only. It helps in loosening up the mucus (phlegm), increasing airway secretions and relaxing the airways so that the mucus is released, liquefy and expelled from the airways easily through coughing. Ascoril LS Syrup for baby, alone may not be enough and you require additional medications depending on your child's condition. Hence, it is best advised to use Ascoril LS Syrup under medical supervision.
Q: Can Ascoril LS Syrup be used in children?
A: Yes, Ascoril LS Syrup can be used in children aged 2-12 years. The conditions for which it can be used, and the dosage must be determined by a physician. It can also be used in children less than 1-2 years, but caution is advised.
Q: Can Ascoril LS Syrup be used as a painkiller also?
A: Ascoril LS syrup is used to relieve symptoms of asthmatic attacks and should only be used if prescribed by your doctor. You should not use this medicine on your own as a painkiller or for any other condition, without consulting your doctor.
Q: Is Ascoril LS Syrup habit forming?
A: No, Ascoril LS Syrup is not habit forming.
Q: Is Ascoril LS Syrup addictive?
A: No, Ascoril LS Syrup is not addictive, but it is advised not to give this medicine to anyone else without consulting a doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Ascoril LS syrup if my symtoms subsides?
A: No, do not stop Ascoril LS syrup on your own, even if you feel better and symptoms subsides. If the doctor considers it necessary, then he/ she may decrease the dose of the medicine gradually before stopping it.
Q: What is Ascoril LS Syrup used for?
A: Ascoril LS Syrup is used to relieve symptoms of asthma attacks such as a blockage and spasm in airways and lungs. It is also used for chronic bronchitis, a condition of inflammation, and swelling of air passages inside the lungs.
Q: How should I take Ascoril LS syrup?
A: Take Ascoril LS syrup as prescribed by your doctor. Shake well before using it. Carefully measure the dose using a special measuring cup or spoon. Do not consume this syrup directly from the bottle.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Ascoril LS syrup?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have any heart, lung, liver or kidney-related disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Ascoril LS syrup may interact with other medicines, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, tell your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.read less
- Webmd. Levosalbutamol. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- Drugs.com. Ambroxol. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- Webmd. Guaifenesin. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- USFDA. Xopenex HFA. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Guaifenesin. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Ambroxol/ Levosalbutamol /Guiphenesin. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
- DUCOF-LS Syrup PI. [Accessed on 28.Oct.2020] (online)
Other Variants for
Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
Last Updated on: 28 Oct 2020 | 06:33 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved