Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
100ml Expectorant in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ascoril LS syrup is used for relieving symptoms such as spasm, blockage, swelling and contraction in the airways and lungs during asthmatic attacks and chronic bronchitis. Ascoril LS syrup is a combination of ambroxol, guaifenesin and levosalbutamol as its active ingredients. This syrup needs to be taken as directed by the doctor. You should not stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel better after taking it for a few days.
Uses of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
Ascoril LS syrup is used to relieve symptoms of asthma attacks like a blockage and spasm in airways and lungs. It is also used for chronic bronchitis, a condition of inflammation and swelling of air passages inside the lungs.
Contraindications of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
- If you are allergic to ambroxol, guaifenesin, levosalbutamol or any of the ingredients of Ascoril LS syrup.
- If you are suffering from stomach ulcers.
- If you are suffering from allergic reactions like rashes and the urge to scratch.
- If you are suffering from bronchospasm and swelling in the throat.
Side effects of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Increased heart rate
- Infection of airway & lungs
Precautions and Warnings of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
Can I take Ascoril LS syrup during pregnancy?
It is not known if Ascoril LS syrup is safe during pregnancy due to proper information. Thus, you should avoid taking this medicine if you are pregnant. Your doctor may prescribe this medicine only if it is considered essential.
Can I take Ascoril LS syrup while breastfeeding?
Components of this syrup pass into breast milk in very small amounts & it is recommended to avoid Ascoril LS syrup during breastfeeding to avoid any harm to the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ascoril LS syrup?
It does not affect driving ability. However, if you experience any side effects like dizziness, fits & drowsiness, avoid driving and operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ascoril LS syrup?
You should not consume alcohol along with Ascoril LS syrup as it can lead to drowsiness, dizziness and sensory impairment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or breast feeding
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions
- You have any liver, kidney problems or stomach ulcers
- You have a history of asthma, fits or overactive thyroid gland
- You develop a low level of potassium in your blood
Mode of Action of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
How Does It Work?
Ascoril LS syrup acts by thinning, liquefying and loosening the mucus that is blocking the airways so that it can be coughed out easily. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier.
Directions for Use of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
- Take Ascoril LS syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use, do not take it directly from bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, dropper or spoon for exact quantities.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
Interactions of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Ascoril LS syrup works or the Ascoril LS syrup itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together.
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can worsen the condition.
- Water pills should not be taken along with this medicine.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders.Read less
Storage and disposal of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
- Store below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sun light and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Ascoril Ls Expectorant 100ml
- Overdose of Ascoril LS syrup can lead to symptoms of overdose like nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, increased heart rate or fits, stomach pain and drowsiness. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.Read less
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Ascoril LS syrup may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give my child Ascoril LS syrup for dry cough?
A: Ascoril LS syrup is generally used for wet cough only. It helps in loosening up the mucus (phlegm), increasing airway secretions and relaxing the airways so that the mucus is released, liquefy and expelled from the airways easily through coughing. Ascoril LS syrup for baby, alone may not be enough and you require additional medications depending on your child's condition. Hence, it is best advised to use Ascoril LS syrup under medical supervision.
Q: Can Ascoril LS syrup be used in children?
A: Yes, Ascoril LS syrup can be used in children aged 2-12 years. The conditions for which it can be used, and the dosage must be determined by a physician. It can also be used in children less than 1-2 years, but caution is advised.
Q: Can Ascoril LS syrup be used as a painkiller also?
A: Ascoril LS syrup is used to relieve symptoms of asthmatic attacks and should only be used if prescribed by your doctor. You should not use this medicine on your own as a painkiller or for any other condition, without consulting your doctor.
Q: Is Ascoril LS syrup habit forming?
A: No, Ascoril LS syrup is not habit forming.
Q: Is Ascoril LS syrup addictive?
A: No, Ascoril LS syrup is not addictive, but it is advised not to give this medicine to anyone else without consulting a doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Ascoril LS syrup if my symtoms subsides?
A: No, do not stop Ascoril LS syrup on your own, even if you feel better and symptoms subsides. If the doctor considers it necessary, then he/ she may decrease the dose of the medicine gradually before stopping it.
Q: What is Ascoril LS syrup used for?
A: Ascoril LS syrup is used to relieve symptoms of asthma attacks such as a blockage and spasm in airways and lungs. It is also used for chronic bronchitis, a condition of inflammation, and swelling of air passages inside the lungs.
Q: How should I take Ascoril LS syrup?
A: Take Ascoril LS syrup as prescribed by your doctor. Shake well before using it. Carefully measure the dose using a special measuring cup or spoon. Do not consume this syrup directly from the bottle.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Ascoril LS syrup?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- If you have any heart, lung, liver or kidney-related disease.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Ascoril LS syrup may interact with other medicines, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, tell your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.Read less
- Ba. Levalbuterol HCl Inhalation: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Ambroxol Hydrochloride Uses, Dosage, Side Effects - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Ba. Guaifenesin Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Xopenex HFA [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Benylin Mucus Cough Max Honey & Lemon Flavour 100 mg/5 ml Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Ambroxol levosalbutamol Guaiphenesin Syrup Manufacturer & Supplier India | Buy Online [Internet]. https://wellonapharma.com/. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹16.2 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg),Ambroxol(15.0 Mg),Levosalbutamol / Levalbuterol(0.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Chronic bronchitis, asthma|
|Side effects||Vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, dizziness, chest pain|
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved