Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml
Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml Description
Ascoril C Syrup is used to manage dry cough in upper respiratory tract infections like common cold and allergies. Cough helps in removing the irritants such as dust, mucous, allergens, bacteria, etc.
, to clear the airway and prevent infection. Ascoril C Syrup consists of two active components: chlorpheniramine and codeine. Chlorpheniramine belongs to the class of antihistamine, which helps in lowering allergy reactions. Codeine is a narcotic cough suppressant, which blocks the signals responsible for the stimulus that causes cough. This syrup can cause a few side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, etc. Try to drink plenty of water to help loosen the mucus and prevent dehydration. It can decrease sweating and increase the chances of a heat stroke. This medicine is not recommended for children. Do not take Ascoril C Syrup with others that cause drowsiness. It is a habit-forming medicine. It can cause dependency. Suddenly stopping this syrup can cause withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, increased heart rate, irritation, etc.
|You Save||₹23.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Codeine(10.0 Mg) + Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(4.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, restlessness, excessive drowsiness, dizziness, stomach pain or upset, sleeping difficulty, swelling of feet and ankles, dry mouth, problems with balancing, nervous twitching, yellowing of eyes and skin, increased heart rate.|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml
- As per CDSCO, Ascoril C syrup is used in,
- Treatment of cough
Contraindications of Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml
Side effects of Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml
- Blurred vision
- Abdominal pain or constipation
- Dry mouth
- Mood changes
- Coordination problems
Precautions and Warnings of Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You have been using the medicine for a long time. Try not to use this medicine continuously for more than five days, as there are chances of medicine dependency due to codeine, an opioid.
- You have been diagnosed with a seizure disorder and are currently under treatment for it.
- You have a serious liver or kidney related condition.
- You are an elderly person over 65 years, this syrup can cause excessive side effects.
- You have a tumour of adrenal glands.
- You have a hyperactive thyroid, high blood pressure, glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye), etc.
- You are using herbal or ayurvedic products or supplements that will interact with this syrup.
Mode of Action of Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml
- Take Ascoril C Syrup exactly as directed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage of Ascoril C Syrup.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Do not stop taking this medication suddenly, as it can have adverse effects.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Using this syrup with other antihistamines or anti-allergy medicines, like cetirizine and diphenhydramine, can increase the effects of drowsiness.
- Do not use this syrup if you are taking antidepressants. This can cause serious side effects.
- Excessive drowsiness will occur if you use this syrup with medicines that cause drowsiness, such as sleeping pills, sedatives, muscle relaxants, etc.
Interactions with food items
- There are not many food interactions with the Ascoril C Syrup. Avoid grapefruit and its juice if possible, as it can reduce the effects caused by this tablet. You can take this medicine before or after consuming food....
Storage and disposal of Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml
Dosage of Ascoril C Syrup Big 100ml
- Overdose on Ascoril C Syrup can cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, irregular heartbeat, restlessness, excessive drowsiness, lightheadedness, problems with coordination, and loss of consciousness. If you overdose on Ascoril C Syrup, consult your doctor and seek medical treatment....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Ascoril C Syrup if I am feeling better?
Q: Will the Ascoril C Syrup make me drowsy or sleepy?
- Yes, Ascoril C Syrup is a cough medication that contains codeine in it. It can cause sleepiness and lightheadedness. But if you are having any sleep problems, consult your doctor before using this.
- Chlorpheniramine: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Jan 23]. Available from
- Codeine: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Jan 23]. Available from
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Jan 23]. Available from:
- Chlorpheniramine and Codeine [Internet]. chlorpheniramine and codeine | Michigan Medicine. [cited 2022 Jan 23]. Available from: