Arvast 30mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This medicine is a hypolipidemic medicine that is used in lowering the levels of low density lipoprotein (LDL) in the body. The generic name of the medicine is rosuvastatin.
Uses of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S
The uses of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S are in the management and control of high levels of cholesterol, high blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases. It is also used to prevent stroke and reduce the risk of a heart attack in high risk individuals.
Contraindications of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S
- Breastfeeding or pregnant women
- Liver or kidney disorders or abnormal liver tests
- On the prescription of cyclosporine
- Hypersensitivity to this medicine or other statin medicines
- Alcohol addiction
Side effects of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S
- The common side effects of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S are headache, stomach pain, dizziness, heartburn, constipation and nausea
- Serious side effects of this medicine are muscle ache, lethargy, fever, blood in the urine along with muscle pain, jaundice and abnormal liver enzymes
- One rare and critical side effect of this medicine is abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
Precautions and Warnings of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
The medicine should not be used during pregnancy or while planning a pregnancy as it is unsafe. If you are a woman of child-bearing age and are on the prescription of this medicine, you need to discuss all effective contraceptive methods with your doctor.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
The medicine should be avoided during breastfeeding as it can pass via breastmilk and harm the infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
Yes, you can drive as this medicine does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Intake of alcohol during the prescription period of this method can result in liver damage and should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking or have taken fusidic acid in the last seven days
- You have kidney or liver disorders
- You have muscle aches or a family history of muscular issues
- You have a history of muscular problems with other cholesterol-lowering medicines
- You are addicted to alcohol
Mode of Action of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
The composition of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S inhibits the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase (helps in the formation of cholesterol), and reduces the levels of LDLs in the body and also increase the good cholestrol levels.
Directions for Use of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S
The dosage of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S needs to be taken as instructed by the doctor.
Interactions of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine should not be taken along with fusidic acid or within seven days of stopping fusidic acid as it can lead to rhabdomyolysis
- When this medicine is used with other lipid-lowering agents, it increases the risk of myopathy
- Medicines like cyclosporine, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors have significant interactions with this medicine as these medicines reduce the levels of statinsread less
- The lowest necessary dose of this medicine should be taken when it needs to be administered along with amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil
- Antacids like aluminium hydroxide should not be taken within two hours of consumption of this medicine
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice, along with its derivatives and extracts, interacts with this medicine. A low fat diet is highly recommended for accomplishing the desired levels of cholestrol along with this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Individuals with muscle-related problems and liver or kidney disorders are urged to consult a doctor before taking up the prescription of this medicine. Pregnant and breastfeeding women are also advised to pick an alternative medicine as per their condition.
Storage and disposal of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S
The tablets need to be kept at ambient temperature far from excessive heat, moisture and the reach of children. For the effective disposal of unused or expired medicines, kindly follow the standard waste management guidelines suggested by your pharmacist.
Dosage of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S
An overdose (deliberate or accidental) of this medicine can result into muscular breakdown or pain along with an increase in the side effects of Arvast 30mg Tab 10'S. Therefore, it should be avoided, and physician should be contacted in case of any severe effects observed in case of overdose.
Missed a Dose
The missed dose needs to be taken at the earliest. However, it can be skipped if it is nearly the time for the next one. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When and how should I consume the medicine?
A: The tablet needs to be swallowed whole with water (with or without having food), preferably at the same time everyday. A minimum gap of 12 hours should be maintained between two doses. Regular monitoring of the cholesterol levels is needed to decide the course of further treatment.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while using the medicine?
A: You should abstain from the food with high fat content and exercise regularly for optimum results. The physician should be informed in case of pregnancy or plans to start a family along with any irregular use of contraception.
Q: What are the things I should discuss with the physician prior to treatment with this medicine?
A: The physician should be informed in case of the consumption of fusidic acid before the treatment (at least seven days) with this medicine. The medical and surgical history, along with the medications including herbal and natural supplements, should also be discussed.
Q: What are the ideal storage conditions for this medicine?
A: Ideal conditions for the storage of this medicine would be at ambient temperature away from sunlight, heat, moisture and grasp of children.
Q: How soon does this medicine show its effects?
A: The medicine takes about two to four weeks to show a reduction in the levels of LDL. The results differ for every individual as per their respective condition. The physician may alter the dosage to suit the individual goals of cholesterol levels of the particular individual.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Package leaflet: information for the user. Rosuvastatin 5 mg film-coated tablets. Rosuvastatin 10 mg film-coated tablets. Rosuvastatin 20 mg film-coated tablets. Rosuvastatin 40 mg film-coated tablets. Rosuvastatin.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Rosuvastatin.
- DailyMed. Label: Rosuvastatin – rosuvastatin calcium tablet, film coated.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:24 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved