Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Arkamin Tablet contains clonidine, used to treat high blood pressure. It works by relaxing the blood vessels thereby reducing blood pressure. Arkamin Tablet should not be used for children below 18 yeas of age. Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing heart disease or disorder and are on any medication. Take the prescribed dose for prescribed duration to obtain optimal benefits of this medicine. You may experience symptoms like dry mouth, dizziness, headache, diarrhoea and sleepiness are consuming this medicine. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor.
Uses of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Arkamin Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Clonidine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you have a slow heart rate or any other heart related problem
Side effects of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dizziness, sleepiness
- Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth
- Feeling dizzy when you stand up from sitting or sleeping position (orthostatic hypotension)
- Low mood
- Difficulty in erection and sexual performance
Precautions and Warnings of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Arkamin Tablet during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effects of this medicine in human pregnancy, thus the used of this medicine is nor recommended as it may cause harm to the unborn baby unless advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.read less
Can I take Arkamin Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Arkamin Tablet is not recommended for use while breast-feeding as it passes in breast milk. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breast-feeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Arkamin Tablet?
You may feel drowsy, dizzy or could have some disturbances of vision while taking Arkamin Tablet. Hence, you should not drive or take part in any activities where these may put you or others at risk.
Can I consume alcohol with Arkamin Tablet?
You may feel drowsy or sleepy while taking Arkamin Tablet. You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking Arkamin Tablet as it can worsen the condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have Raynaud's disease (a problem with circulation to the fingers and toes) or other blood circulation problems
- You have heart or kidney disease
- You ave or had pyschiatric illness such as low mood
- You have constipation
- You have a nerve disorder that may cause your hands and feet to feel different or some altered sensation
- You have experience sudden chanegs in blood pressure when you stand up (postural hypotension)
- You may get dry eyes while taking this medicine. This may be a problem if you wear contact lenses
- Arkamin Tablet can affect the liver function and blood glucose tests, so if you are about to have any blood test, inform the laboratory beforehand about Arkamin Tablets you are taking
- You have an operation scheduled, keep taking your Arkamin Tablet as per your doctor's advice
- Arkamin Tablet should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Arkamin Tablet dilates the blood vessels and decreases the blood pressure. So, the workload on heart decreases and reduces the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time for optimal benefit as directed by your doctor
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed medicine
- Do not stop taking Arkamin Tablet on your own
Interactions of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Arkamin Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparationsread less
- Medicines for mental illness such as Imipramine, Mirtazapine and Chlorpromazine may alter the effects of Arkamin Tablet
- Medicines used to treat pain and swelling like aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxen may alter the effect of Arkamin tablet
- Arkamin tablet can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure-lowering medicine (Methyldopa, Lisinopril, Furosemide, Candesartan and Telmisartan)
- You may experience low heart rate when taken along with medicines used to treat heart diseases or blood pressure like Atenolol, Bisoprolol and Digoxin
- Other medicines like Mirtazapine, Frusemide, Prazosin, Diazoxide, Verapamil, Captopril or medicines that make you drowsy should be used cautiously
Storage and disposal of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed
Dosage of Arkamin 100mcg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose may include lack of energy, decrease in heart rate, fall in blood pressure, decreased body temperature, drowsiness including coma and slow respiratory rate. Sometimes, it may cause temporary high blood pressureread less
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of anti-hypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
- Do not stop taking Arkamin Tablet without consulting your doctor
- If you have been using this medicine for a long time, you may feel some withdrawal effects like agitation, restless, palpitation (feeling of heartbeat), nervousness and headache when you stop taking itread less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Arkamin Tablet be given to pacemaker patients?
A: Arkamin Tablet use may slow the heart rate. The use of Arkamin Tablet along with other blood pressure-lowering agent may further increase such effect. Reports of pacemaker insertion has been observed in association with the use of Arkamin Tablet concomitantly with Verapamil or Diltiazem. You should inform your doctor if you are using a pacemaker.
Q: Am I going to feel agitated if I miss Arkamin Tablet?
A: Yes. Do not stop taking Arkamin Tablet without talking to your doctor. If you have been using this medicine for a long time, you may feel agitated when you stop taking it. It is called ‘withdrawal effect’.
Q: Can I take three tablets of Arkamin?
A: Take the Arkamin Tablet as per the advice of your doctor. Do not change the dose without consulting your doctor.
Q: What is Arkamin Tablet and what are its uses?
A: Arkamin Tablet contains Clonidine which belongs to a group of medicine which decreases high blood pressure.
Q: Can I stop this medication on my own?
A: No, it would be best if you do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. If you stop this medication suddenly, you may suffer from severe heart and blood pressure related problems. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it
Q: What should I do if I experience the episodes of low blood pressure?
- If you are taking this medicine, in the initial few days, you may experience low blood pressure episodes such as lightheadedness and giddiness
- Take an adequate amount of salt and water
- Inform your doctor if you have vomiting or diarrhoea
- If you experience giddiness and lightheadedness, lie down immediately
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause serious complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana
- Limit meat intake
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre
Q: Is Arkamin Tablet a beta blocker?
A: No, Arkamin is not a beta blocker. It is an alpa agonist medicine which acts on the alpa receptor cells in the body and enhances its functioning.
Q: Can Arkamine Tablet cause weight gain?
A: Weight gain is not a common side effect of Arkamine Tablet. However, if you experience these symptom talk to your doctor or dietician.
Q: Is Arkamin Tablet a sleeping pill?
A: No, Arkamin Tablet is not used to treat sleeping disorder. It is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). However, sleepiness is the common side effect of this medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 12 Feb 2021 | 12:28 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved