Aquazide 12.5mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aquazide tablet contains Hydrochlorothiazide as an active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and health conditions of heart, kidney, liver associated with edema or fluid retention. It is a water pill, works by increasing the urinary output of excess salt and water. High blood pressure is a critical health condition and it is very important to take your anti-hypertensive medicines on time along with adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications. Consult your doctor for more information on this.
Uses of Aquazide 12.5mg Tablet
- For the treatment of high blood pressure.
- For the treatment of heart, kidney and liver-related health conditions associated with edema or fluid retention.
Contraindications of Aquazide 12.5mg Tablet
- If you have anuria (not passing urine or passing urine less than 100ml in a day).
- If you are allergic to Hydrochlorthiazide or any other component of this medicine.
Side effects of Aquazide 12.5mg Tablet
- Low blood pressure
- Irregular blood count
- Allergic reactions
- Salt imbalance
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Aquazide 12.5mg Tablet
Can I take Aquazide tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine is not established in pregnancy and hence is considered unsafe. Consult your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this medicine.
Can I take Aquazide tablet while breastfeeding?
Component of this medicine passes into breast milk and can produce undesirable effects in the breastfed infant. Consult your doctor for more information. They may ask you to discontinue breastfeeding or medicine after accessing the importance of treatment to the mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Aquazide tablet?
This medicine may give you a headache and produce visual disturbances. Avoid driving if you experience any symptoms which might affect your ability to stay alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Aquazide tablet?
You should not consume alcohol with this medicine. Alcohol consumption while taking this medicine can lead to excessive low blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver function-related problem.
- You are already taking any blood pressure-lowering medicine.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are dehydrated or passing too much urine, vomiting and have excessive diarrhoea.
- You are diabetic and taking anti-diabetic medicine or insulin.
- This medicine may lead to salt or electrolyte imbalance, patients should be monitored closely.
- This medicine may interfere with the laboratory test results of certain tests, tell your doctor or laboratory personnel.
Mode of Action of Aquazide 12.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Hydrochlorthiazide present in this medicine is a diuretic, also known as a water pill. It works by removing excess of water and salt from the body and thus helps to reduce the pressure inside the blood vessels and reduces the load on the heart.
Directions for Use of Aquazide 12.5mg Tablet
- Take Aquazide tablet as prescribed by your doctor with water.
- Try to take this medicine at same time everyday for effective disease control.
Interactions of Aquazide 12.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood pressure-lowering effect of Aquazide is enhanced by certain medicines acting on the brain and can lead to excessive low blood pressure.
- Certain medicines used to treat high cholesterol such as Cholestyramine and Colestipol if taken along with Aquazide can reduce its absorption and reduce its desired action.
- Steroidal medicines if taken along with this medicine can lead to salt imbalances particularly reduced potassium levels.
- Anti-inflammatory or painkiller medicines can reduce the blood pressure-lowering action of this medicine and the patient needs to be monitored closely.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or herbal preparation if you are taking currently or might take.
Dosage of Aquazide 12.5mg Tablet
An overdose of this medicine can lead to salt imbalance and dehydration due to excessive urination. Reach out to your treating doctor or nearby hospital as soon as possible. Try to carry the strip of the medicine for easy analysis and extend of overdose.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of your blood pressure-lowering medicine. If you happen to miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it's already time for your next dose. Do not take two doses together to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Aquazide tablet used for?
A: Aquazide tablet is a water pill, it is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and other health conditions of the heart, kidney and liver associated with water retention in the body.
Q: What should I do if I miss a dose of this Aquazide tablet?
A: Take the next dose as soon as you remember, if it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:38 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved