Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml
Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml Description
Apdrops LP Eye drop is a combination medicine containing loteprednol, a steroid and moxifloxacin which is an antibiotic. It is used for the treatment of steroid-responsive conditions of the eye after
eye operation and which is associated with swelling and bacterial infection of the eye or where there are chances of bacterial infection of the eye. It works by reducing swelling, itching and redness of the eyes. It also works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Pain or irritation in the eye, discharge from the eyes, dry eyes are some of the side effects of using this medicine.
|You Save||₹31.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Loteprednol(0.5 %) + Moxifloxacin(0.5 %)|
|Uses||Eye infection with inflammation|
|Side effects||Pain or irritation in the eye, redness|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml
Contraindications of Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to Loteprednol, Moxifloxacin or any of the other ingredients of Apdrops LP Eye drop.
- If you have a herpes infection of the eye.
- If you have a mycobacterial infection of the eye.
- If you have a fungal infection of the eye.
- If you have a red-eye whose cause is not known.
Side effects of Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml
- Pain or irritation in the eye
- Discharge from eyes
- Dry eyes
- Redness of eyes
- Burning sensation at the site of instilling
- Itching of eyes
- Foreign body sensation in eyes
- Watering of eyes
- Defect in cornea
Precautions and Warnings of Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml
Other General Warnings
- You are using this medicine for a prolonged period.
- You have eye irritation.
- You have swelling of throat, face, itching over body or breathing difficulty.
- You are using contact lenses.
- You are having an eye infection caused due to bacteria of genital infection.
Mode of Action of Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Loteprednol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- moxifloxacin works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria thereby stopping the growth.
Directions for Use of Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml
- Use Apdrops LP Eye drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml
- Store at a temperature less than 25°C in a cool and dry place. Do not freeze.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Apdrops Lp Eye Drops 5ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what purpose Apdrops LP Eye drop is used?
Q: How Apdrops LP Eye drop works?
- Apdrops LP Eye drop works by reducing swelling, itching and redness of eyes. It also works by stopping the growth of bacteria.