Anol Ad 25mg Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Anol Ad 25mg Tablets Description
Anol Ad Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine used to treat high blood pressure and angina pectoris. Angina pectoris is a condition characterised by chest pain, tightness and squeezing in the chest
radiating towards the shoulders, arms and neck. It contains a combination of two medicines, namely amlodipine and atenolol. Anol Ad Tablet lower the blood pressure, heart rate and contractility of heart muscles. Patients with kidney and liver function problems and the elderly should be very cautious while taking this medicine. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the exact duration as it is prescribed.
|You Save||₹2.43 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amlodipine + Atenolol|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, sleepiness|
Check more medicines with composition as Amlodipine + Atenolol
Uses of Anol Ad 25mg Tablets
Anol Ad Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and also heart-related disorders such as chest pain (Angina pectoris).
Contraindications of Anol Ad 25mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to this amlodipine, atenolol or any of the ingredients of Anol Ad Tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have any kind of heart-related diseases.
- If you have a blood circulation problem due to which affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Anol Ad 25mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Ankle swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Anol Ad 25mg Tablets
Can I take Anol Ad Tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or planning for a pregnancy, as it can harm the unborn baby. If you get pregnant while taking this medicine, inform your doctor. Your doctor will suggest a safer alternative therapy.
Can I take Anol Ad Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine as it can harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Anol Ad Tablet?
You should be cautious while driving if you are taking this medicine, especially at the beginning of treatment. You may feel dizzy and sleepy after taking this medicine. Therefore, it is better to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Anol Ad Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it is known to cause low blood pressure when taken with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver problem or kidney problems.
- You experience that your heart condition is getting worse.
- You are suffering from high or low blood sugar level.
- You are suffering from respiratory tract infections like asthma or obstruction of the airways.
- You have a planned surgery or operation.
- You develop a thyroid disorder during treatment with Anol Ad Tablet.
- You are above 60 years.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Anol Ad 25mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Anol Ad Tablet works by the combined action of Atenolol & Amlodipine.
- Atenolol works by blocking the certain natural chemicals in your body, like epinephrine, to the heart and blood vessels which ultimately helps in lowering heart rate, blood pressure and strain on the heart....
- Amlodipine works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thereby facilitating blood circulation and lowering blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Anol Ad 25mg Tablets
- Anol Ad Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not break, cut or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for better blood pressure control and do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Anol Ad 25mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Anol Ad Tablet is a combination of two medicines and there is no sufficient information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. Any interaction which is seen with amlodipine or telmisartan can happen with this combination too....
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorders....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines like immunosuppressants (such as ciclosporin), medicines for heart and brain-related disorders, muscle relaxants, cholesterol-lowering medicines, etc.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicines, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit, apple & orange juice should be avoided for at least 4 hours after taking this medicine as it can affect the absorption of Anol Ad Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Anol Ad 25mg Tablets
Store Anol Ad Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Anol Ad 25mg Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of Anol Ad Tablet include laziness, wheezing, uneven heart rhythm, slow heartbeats, low blood pressure, constriction of airways and a drop in blood sugar levels. Seek immediate medical help in case of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of Anol Ad, if you have missed a dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember. It would be best if you never miss a dose of blood pressure medicine as it can lead to serious side effects like sudden fall in blood pressure and associated symptoms such as fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness, dehydration, etc....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Anol Ad Tablet?
A: Do not stop taking Anol Ad until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to a sudden increase in your blood pressure, which can be very dangerous. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Consult a doctor and follow his prescription.
- Restrict salt intake in your diet.
- Follow a low-carb, low-fat diet.
- Do regular exercise for 30- 40 minutes every day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
Q: What are the side effects of Anol Ad Tablet?
A: Medicines along with the desired effect, sometimes give side effects also, however not everyone gets them. The most common side effects of this medicine are sleepiness, dizziness, headache, stomach pain, nausea, swelling in the ankle and fatigue.
Q: How much time does it take for Anol Ad Tablet to start working?
A: It takes approximately 1 hour for this medicine to start showing its blood pressure lowering effects. However, this can vary among individual depending on their physiology and metabolism.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed