Amlokind 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amlokind 5 MG Description
Amlokind 5mg tablet is used to treat angina (chest pain) and hypertension. It contains amlodipine as the active ingredient. It reduces the raised blood pressure and provides relief from chest pain. A
ngina is a type of chest pain caused mainly due to decreased blood flow to the heart. Amlodipine in Amlokind 5 tablet dilates the blood vessels, thereby reducing the blood pressure as well as increasing the blood flow to the heart and providing relief from the condition. Inform your doctor about all the medical conditions and medications before starting the treatment with this medicine.
|Uses||High blood pressure & angina|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Headache, Swelling, Sleepiness|
Check more medicines with composition as Amlodipine(5.0 Mg)
2 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Amlokind 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Amodep 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Fdc Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 17.20₹ 14.6227.07% CHEAPER₹ 0.97/Tablet
- Udp 5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 27.90₹ 23.7140.6% CHEAPER₹ 0.79/Tablet
Uses of Amlokind 5 MG
Amlokind 5mg tablet uses include treatment of high blood pressure and relief from chest pain that is caused by reduced blood flow to the heart.
Contraindications of Amlokind 5 MG
- If you are allergic to amlodipine or any other ingredients of Amlokind 5.
- If you have severe low blood pressure.
- If you have any heart-related conditions such as stenosis, cardiogenic shock, heart failure after a heart attack.
Side effects of Amlokind 5 MG
- Visual disturbance
- Increased heart rate
- Difficult in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Amlokind 5 MG
Can I take Amlokind 5mg tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited data available about the safety of using Amlokind 5mg tablet during pregnancy. Use in pregnancy is only recommended if there is no safe alternative. Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the need. Please inform your doctor if you happen to become pregnant while you are taking this medicine.
Can I take Amlokind 5mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Amlodipine passes into breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known. Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the need.
Can I drive if I have consumed Amlokind 5mg tablet?
If you feel sick, dizzy, tired or have a headache, you should be cautious while driving, especially at the start of the treatment, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Amlokind 5mg tablet?
Excessive alcohol consumption can raise blood pressure; hence, caution is advised. You should avoid drinking alcohol. Also, alcohol may make you feel more dizzy and nauseatic.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
You have any underlying conditions related to the liver and kidneys. You have heart-related conditions or recently had a heart attack or heart failure. You are elderly, caution is advised while changing the dose for the elderly....
Mode of Action of Amlokind 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Amlodipine works by reducing the calcium movement into the cells of the blood vessels and heart. This reduction widens the arteries and makes it easier for the heart to pump blood. Thus, reducing high blood pressure and providing relief from angina....
Directions for Use of Amlokind 5 MG
Amlokind 5 tablets should be taken with sufficient water with or without food. Take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal blood pressure control.
Interactions of Amlokind 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Amlokind 5 tablet works or Amlokind 5 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-HIV, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- Concomitant administration of amlodipine and clarithromycin may lead to a drastic drop in blood pressure levels.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice and grapefruit should not be consumed along with Amlokind tablets, as it can cause a drastic drop in your blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Amlokind 5 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from, heat and light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Amlokind 5 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of this medicine include dizziness, lightheadedness, weakness, fast heartbeat or excessive drop in blood pressure, etc. If you think you have taken too much of Amlokind 5, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember if there is sufficient time left for the next scheduled dose. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not compensate for the missed dose by taking an extra dose....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are some other precautions I can take when taking Amlokind 5?
A: As it could lead to light-headedness, make sure that you get up slowly from a lying position. If you see any swelling in your ankle area, please put your legs at some height till it subsides. However, if the swelling persists, please consult a doctor immediately also if you are taking any other medicine (even non-prescription medicines) to treat your cold, asthma or sinus.
Q: Can I take Amlokind 5 at night?
A: Yes, you can take Amlokind 5 at night. However, please make sure that you take it at the same time everyday and exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What are some of the uses of Amlokind 5mg tablet?
A: Amlokind 5mg tablet is used for the treatment of angina, i.e. chest pain and to lower high blood pressure.
Q: What is the underlying medicine in Amlokind 5mg tablet?
A: Amlokind 5mg tablet composition includes amlodipine, a calcium channel blocker.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine if the symptoms subside?
A: No, stopping this medicine suddenly could lead to complications. Please consult a doctor to gradually decrease your dosage.
Q: What happens if I accidently take a higher dose of Amlokind 5 mg tablets?
A: If you consume more than recommended medicine you may experience dizziness, light-headedness, fainting and weakness. There are chances of excessive lowering of blood pressure. You may become unconscious, and your skin may be cold and clammy. Consult your doctor or nearest hospital in such a condition.
Q: Is Amlodipine and Amlokind same?
A: Yes, Amlokind contains amlodipine as its active component.
Q: Is Amlokind a diuretic?
A: No, it is not a diuretic. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that works by reducing the calcium movement into the cells of the blood vessels and heart.
Q: What are the side effects of Amlokind 5?
A: Swelling, sleepiness, dizziness, headache, visual disturbance are a few common side effects of Amlokind 5. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine. However, everyone doesn't need to experience the same.
Q: What is the use of Amlokind 5 Tablet?
A: Amlokind 5 tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure and relief from chest pain that is caused by reduced blood flow to the heart.
Q: Can I take Amlokind twice a day?
A: The dose and frequency of Amlokind vary among individuals depending on the condition it is being taken for. You should not consume more than the recommended daily dose by the doctor. But it's important to take it at the same time each day for optimum results.
Q: What is the composition of Amlokind 5?
A: The composition of Amlokind consists of amlodipine, as its active ingredient. It belongs to an anti-hypertensive class of medicines.
- CORVADIL [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Amlodipine 5 mg Tablet - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Bulsara K, Cassagnol M. Amlodipine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- NORVASC [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Amlodipine 5 mg Tablet - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- AMLOKIND 5MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- AMLOKIND AT 5/50MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- AMLOKIND 2.5MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS
- AMLOKIND L STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- AMLOKIND H STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- AMLOKIND 10MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- AMLOKIND BETA 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- AMLOKIND BETA 25MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- AMLOKIND AT 50MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- AMLOKIND AT TABLET
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed