Amlip 2.5mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amlip Tablet contains Amlodipine, an anti-hypertensive medicine. Amlip Tablet is used to lower the blood pressure and also various heart conditions such as irregular heart rate, chest pain (angina). These medicines are known as calcium channel blockers. Amlodipine works by reducing the pressure on the heart by relaxing the blood vessels. Inform your doctor if recently has a heart attack or heart failure. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. You should have a low salt diet. You should maintain a healthy lifestyle to gain optimal benefit....
Uses of Amlip 2.5 MG
Amlip Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and a heart condition such as type of chest pain (Angina).
Contraindications of Amlip 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine or any other ingredients of Amlip Tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have abnormal narrowing of the aorta heart valve (Aortic stenosis).
- If you are suffering from a condition where your heart is unable to supply blood to your body (Cardiogenic Shock).
- If you are suffering from heart failure after a heart attack.
Side effects of Amlip 2.5 MG
- Swelling of feet, ankles, legs (Oedema or fluid retention)
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats (palpitation)
- Stomach ache
- Feeling sick
- Muscle cramps
- Vision problems
Precautions and Warnings of Amlip 2.5 MG
Can I take Amlip Tablet during pregnancy?
- There limited data available about the safe of use Amlip Tablet during pregnancy.
- Use in pregnancy is only recommended if there is no safe alternative.
- Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the need and benefit. Please inform your doctor if you happen to become pregnant while you are taking this medicine as the doctor may then suggest a safer alternative....
Can I take Amlip Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Amlodipine in Amlip Tablet passes into breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known.
- Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the need and benefit.
Can I drive if I have consumed Amlip Tablet?
If you feel sick, dizzy, tired or have a headache, you should be cautious while driving, especially at the start of the treatment with Amlip Tablet. You should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Amlip Tablet?
Excessive alcohol consumption can raise blood pressure; hence, caution is advised. You should avoid drinking alcohol. Also, alcohol may make you feel dizzier and increase side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease.
- You recently had a heart attack or heart failure.
- You are elderly.
- You are suffering from a severe increase in blood pressure.
- You may suffer from a heart attack, or your chest pain could worsen, when you start taking this medicine, however, this happens rarely.
Mode of Action of Amlip 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Amlip Tablet works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass through the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
- It also improves the blood and oxygen supply to heart muscle and relieves chest pain.
Directions for Use of Amlip 2.5 MG
Amlip Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Amlip 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat a fungal infection like Ketoconazole, a medicine used to treat heart problems like Verapamil any antibiotic like Rifampicin, antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin when coadministered with amlodipine affect the way amlodipine is eliminated through the body....
- Concomitant administration of amlodipine and clarithromycin may lead to a drastic drop in blood pressure levels.
- Medicine used to treat HIV infection like Ritonavir, when used along with amlodipine, leads to faster elimination of amlodipine from the body lowering its concentration in the blood.
- When amlodipine is coadministered with medicines used to decrease cholesterol level like Simvastatin, it leads to the increased blood concentration of cholesterol-lowering medicines.
- Medicines used to increase your immune system like Tacrolimus when administered along with amlodipine possess a risk of accumulation in the body.
- Concomitant use of medicine like Ciclosporin to suppress your immune system and amlodipine should be used with caution in patients with kidney problems.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
You should not take grapefruit juice and grapefruit when consuming Amlip Tablet as these can cause a decrease in blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Amlip 2.5 MG
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from, heat and light.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Check the expiry date before taking the medicine and do not use the medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Amlip 2.5 MG
Excess of Amlip Tablet can cause lowering of blood pressure, fainting, slow, fast or irregular heartbeat, dizziness. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Amlip Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are all the things that I should discuss with the healthcare provider before taking Amlip Tablet?
A: It is advisable to inform the doctor if you have any history of heart or liver disease or if you are a known case of heart failure. It is important to mention it to your doctor if you are pregnant, are planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Tell your doctor the medicines you are already taking before starting Amlip Tablet.
Q: If I consume coffee, does that interact with Amlip Tablet?
A: It is observed that people who do not regularly consume coffee may feel blood pressure change effects, but people who regularly consume coffee may not have a significant effect on blood pressure.
Q: I have to drive back to my hometown. Can I use Amlip Tablet?
A: If you experience dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision after taking this Amlip Tablet. It is advised to avoid drinking since it affects alterness.
Q: When should I take Amlip Tablet?
A: Take Amlip Tablet as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You can take this medicine with or without food, but preferably at day time and also at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.