Amitryn C Tablet
Amitryn C Tablet Description
Amitryn C tablet is a medication used to manage anxiety disorders and depression in those who have moderate to severe anxiety. Sadness, dissatisfaction, anger, hopelessness, or loss are the character
istics of depression. Anxiety is a mental health condition marked by acute, persistent, and overwhelming sensations of anxiety, concern, or dread that can interfere with daily activities. You can possibly suffer from both anxiety and depression simultaneously. A combination of Amitriptyline (antidepressant) and Chlordiazepoxide (anxiolytic) forms an Amitryn C tablet. Amitriptyline is an antidepressant that works by affecting particular chemical messengers in the brain that help communication between brain cells. Hence, regulating mood and managing depression. GABA is another chemical messenger that aids in the suppression of aberrant nerve cell activity in the brain. Chlordiazepoxide helps by increasing the concentration of GABA. You should take Amitryn C tablet only if your doctor prescribes it. Patients may experience common side effects like dizziness, dry mouth, constipation, blurred vision and bloating on the consumption of these tablets. These side effects usually resolve by themselves. When used for longer periods of time, Amitryn C Tablet may cause physical dependence. In case of any suicidal thoughts, immediate doctors consultation is required. Your doctor must be informed of your complete medical history before prescribing you Amitryn c tablet.
|You Save||₹6.77 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlordiazepoxide(5.0 Mg) + Amitriptyline(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety and Depression|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, Drowsiness, Nasal congestion, Constipation, Bloating, Vivid dreams, Blurred vision and confusion.|
Uses of Amitryn C Tablet
- Treatment of moderate to severe depression
- Treatment of moderate to severe anxiety
Contraindications of Amitryn C Tablet
Side effects of Amitryn C Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Nasal congestion
- Vivid dreams
- Blurred vision
- Tremors (uncontrollable rhythmic movements in one part of your body)
- Erectile dysfunction (difficulty in getting or keeping an erection)
- Memory impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Amitryn C Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You experience any discomfort or side effects of Amitryn C tablets.
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You conceive during the course of your medication or are planning a pregnancy.
- You want to discontinue Amitryn C tablets or change your dosage.
- Avoid doing any work that needs constant high mental alertness, as you may feel sleepy or drowsy after taking Amitryn C tablets.
Mode of Action of Amitryn C Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amitryn C Tablet
- Amitryn C tablets should be taken only after a prescription as directed by your doctor.
- It is advised to take(swallow) Amitryn C with a glass of water, without crushing it or chewing it.
- Amitryn C tablets can be taken with or without the food.
- It is advised to take this medicine at the same time every day.
- Amitryn C works gradually, and symptoms are relieved over a period of two to three weeks. So, don't get discouraged if you don't see any sudden relief in your condition.
- Do not stop taking Amitryn C tablets abruptly without your doctor's consent.
Interactions of Amitryn C Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Your doctor should be informed about all the medications, herbal and vitamin supplements you are consuming before prescribing Amitryn C tablets.
- Amitryn C tablets may show signs of side effects on interaction with
- Moclobemide. phenelzine, and tranylcypromine(manages depression)
- Cisapride (medicine for gastro-oesophageal reflux disorders) and Cimetidine(medicine for peptic ulcers)
- Clonazepam (anti-epileptic)
- Amoxapine (antidepressant)
- Alprazolam/Xanax (medicine for anxiety or panic attacks)
- Tramadol, morphine or fentanyl (pain killers)
- Linezolid and lumefantrine (antibiotics for malaria)
- Guanethidine, debrisoquine(medicines for high blood pressure)
- Quinidine and flecainide(medicine for heart problem)
- Disulfiram (a medicine used to manage alcoholism)
- Chlorpheniramine, promethazine, hydroxyzine, and dimenhydrinate (anticholinergics, commonly used for runny nose and motion sickness)
- selegiline (a medicine for Parkinson’s disease)
Interactions with food items
- Consumption of alcohol should be avoided while you are on Amitryn C Tablets as it may worsen the side effects.
Storage and disposal of Amitryn C Tablet
Dosage of Amitryn C Tablet
- An overdose of Amitryn C tablets may result in dry mouth, drowsiness, constipation, bloating, confusion and blurred vision. Please contact the nearest hospital or doctor's clinic in case of emergency.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Rashika Tripathi
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Amitryn C a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Is it safe for me to work with heavy machinery while I'm on Amitryn C tablets?
- No, it's not safe to work with heavy machines while you are on Amitryn C tablets as you may experience blurring of vision, confusion or might feel sleepy at work.
- Huang W, Jiang S-M, Jia L, You L-Q, Huang Y-X, Gong Y-M, et al. Effect of amitriptyline on gastrointestinal function and brain-gut peptides: a double-blind trial. World J Gastroenterol [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2022 Jan 26];19(26):4214–20. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC3710425/
- University of Illinois-Chicago, Drug Information Group. Amitriptyline: Side effects, dosage, uses and more [Internet]. Medicalnewstoday.com. 2021 [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from: