Amitryn 75mg Tablets
Amitryn Od 75 MG Description
Amitryn 75mg Tab uses include treatment of depression. Amitryn 75mg Tab is also used to treat adult migraine, neuropathic pain and tension headaches. Amitriptyline is the main component of Amitryn 75
mg Tab. Amitriptyline falls under the category of tricyclic antidepressants. Amitryn 75mg Tab improves the patient’s mood, improves sleep quality, enhances energy level and relieves tension. Amitryn 75mg Tab side effects include problems like headaches, sleepiness, dry mouth and constipation. Your doctor will start with a low dose of Amitryn 75mg tab before increasing it gradually. Similarly, while stopping Amitryn 75mg tab, he will reduce the dose gradually to avoid withdrawal symptoms like tiredness, headaches and sickness. Amitryn 75mg tab can be taken for an extended period. Do not miss appointments with your doctor while being treated with Amitryn 75mg tab. They are necessary to monitor the progress of your treatment.
Uses of Amitryn Od 75 MG
- Amitryn 75mg Tab is used in the following cases:
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of adult migraine
- Treatment of neuropathic pain
- Treatment of tension headaches
Contraindications of Amitryn Od 75 MG
- Amitryn 75mg Tab is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to amitriptyline
- If you suffer from heart disorders
- If you have liver or kidney disorder
- If you have been diagnosed with glaucoma
- If you have problems with your prostate or difficulty in urination
- If you have been diagnosed with any form of diabetes
- If you get thoughts of suicide or self-harm
- If you suffer from epilepsy
- If you have a blood ailment called porphyria
- If you have a personal or family history of mental issues like psychosis and bipolar disorder
Side effects of Amitryn Od 75 MG
- The common side effects experienced by people consuming Amitryn 75 mg Tab are as follows:
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty in urination
- Amitryn 75 mg Tab side effects are rarely serious. Talk to your doctor if your side effects do not go away after some time or if they turn serious.
Precautions and Warnings of Amitryn Od 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience suicidal thoughts or mood changes during treatment with Amitryn 75mg tab.
- You take herbal supplements, vitamins and other medicines.
- You start or stop any new medication while being treated with Amitryn 75mg tab.
Mode of Action of Amitryn Od 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amitryn Od 75 MG
- Take Amitryn 75mg tab precisely as prescribed by the doctor. s
- Swallow Amitryn 75mg tab whole with water. Do not chew or crush the tablet.
- Take an Amitryn 75mg tab with or without food.
- The Amitryn 75mg tab dosage will depend on your age, health conditions, and ailment. Your doctor will prescribe a low dose initially and then increase it slowly. If you take Amitryn 75mg tab for neuropathic pain, you will be prescribed a mild dose. Amitryn 75mg tab doses for children depend on their weight and symptom....
Interactions of Amitryn Od 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Combining Amitryn 75mg tab with codeine and morphine can increase the risk of a serious condition called serotonin syndrome. It causes problems like seizures, hallucinations, confusion and fluctuations in blood pressure. Taking tramadol with Amitryn 75mg Tab can cause seizures. ...
- Consuming warfarin with Amitryn 75mg tab can make you more susceptible to bleeding.
- Taking Amitryn 75mg tab with medicines like isocarboxazid, linezolid, and methylene blue increases the risk of serotonin syndrome. This syndrome can cause increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shaking, blurred vision and nausea. ...
- Taking Amitryn 75mg tab with antidepressants like paroxetine, fluoxetine and fluvoxamine may lead to constipation, dry mouth, blurred vision and drowsiness.
Interactions with food items
- Amitryn 75mg tab interaction with food is negligible.
Storage and disposal of Amitryn Od 75 MG
Dosage of Amitryn Od 75 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will it take a long time for Amitryn 75mg tab to work?
Q: My depression is much better after taking Amitryn 75mg tab. Can I stop taking this medicine?
Q: Does Amitryn 75mg tab affect fertility?
- Amitriptyline oral: Uses, side effects, interactions, pictures, warnings & dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. [cited 9 March 2022]. Available from
- Amitriptyline: Acquired long QT syndrome complicated with recurrent Torsades de Pointes: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2015 [cited 9 March 2022]. Available from:
- Amitriptyline: a medicine used to treat pain and prevent migraine [Internet]. nhs.uk. [cited 9 March 2022]. Available from:
- MedlinePlus - health information from the National Library of Medicine [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. [cited 9 March 2022]. Available from:
- Health library [Internet]. Uofmhealth.org. [cited 9 March 2022]. Available from:
- Amitriptyline (oral route) [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 9 March 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs.com. [cited 9 March 2022]. Available from:
- McIntosh J. Serotonin: Function, uses, SSRIs, and sources [Internet]. Medicalnewstoday.com. 2020 [cited 9 March 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs.com. [cited 9 March 2022]. Available from: