Amisant 200mg Tablet
Amisant 200 MG Description
Amisant Tablet is used to treat a mental illness called schizophrenia (a condition in which the person is unable to differentiate between real and non-real). Amisant Tablet belongs to a class of medi
cations called antipsychotics that reduce abnormal and uncontrollable thoughts in the brain. Amisant Tablets should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of taking an Amisant Tablet vary depending on the patient’s condition and age. Side effects of Amisant Tablet include shaking, stiffness and pain of muscles, slow movement, producing excessive saliva than usual or restlessness. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Amisant Tablet and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits.
|Side effects||Shaking, muscle stiffness, excessive salivation, uncontrollable body movements|
Uses of Amisant 200 MG
- Schizophrenia (a condition in which the person is unable to differentiate between real and non-real)
Contraindications of Amisant 200 MG
- If you’re allergic to amisulpride or any ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have pheochromocytoma (a tumour on the adrenal gland)
- If you are taking antiarrhythmic medicines for controlling the heart rhythm like quinidine, disopyramide, amiodarone, sotalol, procainamide.
- If you’re taking bepridil (calcium channel blockers for chest pain)
- If you’re taking cisapride for gastrointestinal issues
- If you’re taking sultopride used in schizophrenia
- If you’re taking thioridazine used for schizophrenia and psychosis
- If you’re taking IV erythromycin and sparfloxacin used in infections
- If you’re taking IV vincamine used to improve blood flow in the brain
- If you’re taking halofantrine used to treat malaria
- If you’re taking pentamidine used in chest infections
- If you’re taking levodopa, a medicine to treat Parkinson's disease
Side effects of Amisant 200 MG
- Stiffness and pain of muscles
- Slow movement
- Producing excessive saliva than usual
Precautions and Warnings of Amisant 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from kidney disease
- You’ve a history of epilepsy or seizures (fits)
- You suffer from Parkinson's disease
- You have an unusual heart rate (rhythm)
- You have a slow heartbeat (less than 55 beats per minute)
- You’ve low potassium levels in your blood
- You’ve heart problems, or your family has a history of heart problems
- You are diabetic
- You have a low white blood cell count.
Mode of Action of Amisant 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amisant 200 MG
- Amisant Tablets must be taken as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Amisant tablets must be taken without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Amisant Tablet as a whole and do not chew, crush or break it.
- Amisant tablets must be taken at the same time as per prescription.
- Do not change the dose or frequency of taking an Amisant Tablet without consulting your doctor.
- Do not stop taking the Amisant Tablet on your own, and continue taking it as long as your doctor recommends.
Interactions of Amisant 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Amisant Tablets must not be taken with medicines used for heart problems such as amiodarone, ibutilide, quinidine, and sotalol, which may cause the heart rhythm problems to increase and become worse.
- Avoid taking Amisant Tablets with medicines for depression such as citalopram and escitalopram. It may worsen the heart condition and produce symptoms of an overdose of Amisant like sleepiness and breathing difficulties....
- Medicines for nausea and vomiting like dolasetron; medicine to lower blood pressure such as bepridil; painkillers such as methadone must not be taken with Amisant tablet as it may cause changes in heart rhythm or heart rate....
Interactions with food items
- Amisant Tablet may interact adversely with St. John's Wort, herbal medicine for depression management, to produce side effects.
Storage and disposal of Amisant 200 MG
Dosage of Amisant 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology