Amione 200mg Tab
By EAST WEST PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amione Tablet is an antiarrhythmic medicine used for the treatment of the type of arrhythmias (a condition of irregular or uneven heart rhythm). It contains amiodarone as an active ingredient. It reduces the excitability of cardiac muscles and stabilises heart rhythm. You should take the medicine as advised by the doctor for the duration it is prescribed for and discuss detailed medical history before initiating the treatment with the medicine. The medicine is associated with some serious side effects that affect the eyes, heart, lung, liver, thyroid gland, skin and nerves. Tell the doctor if you have a pre-existing condition associated with these organs or develop symptoms after taking the medicine.
Uses of Amione 200mg Tab
Amione Tablet used to treat types of arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders) like ventricular and supraventricular arrhythmia, arrhythmia associated with the wolf-white syndrome.
Contraindications of Amione 200mg Tab
- If you are allergic to amiodarone or other ingredients of the medicine
- If you suffer from heart-related conditions problems like heart block, sinus node disorder etc.
- If you suffer from thyroid gland dysfunction (you must perform thyroid function tests before initiating the treatment)
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or you are breastfeeding a baby.
Side effects of Amione 200mg Tab
- Sleep-related disorder
- Lung related problem
- Slow heartbeats
- Thyroid related disorder
- Blurred vision
- Stomach upset
Precautions and Warnings of Amione 200mg Tab
Can I take Amione Tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in pregnancy. Consult the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Amione Tablet while breastfeeding?
The medicine passes into human milk in a small amount. Breastfeeding mothers should avoid if other options are not available.
Can I drive if I have consumed Amione Tablet?
You may experience blurred vision, dizziness, shakiness after taking medicine. Avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Amione Tablet?
Avoid alcohol while on treatment with the medicine, alcohol may increase the risk of irregular heart rhythm.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have heart, liver, eye or lung-related problem.
- You may have a thyroid-related disorder, you may be asked to monitor thyroid function every 6-months.
- You may have Stevens-Johnson syndrome (peeling or blistering of the skin, fever and flu-like symptoms).
- You may experience a severe skin rash, muscle pain, fever, chills after taking the medicine.
- You are elderly above 65 years of age.
- You may experience breathlessness or dry cough, then inform the doctor immediately as it may be associated with toxicity in the lungs due to the medicine.
- Inform your anaesthetist about medications before undergoing surgical procedures.
- Avoid skin exposure to the sun and use sun-protective measures during treatment with the medicine.
- Amione Tablet must not be used in patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Amione 200mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Arrhythmia is a heart-related condition that disturbed electrical impulses in heart muscles leading to too quick, too slow or uneven heartbeats. The medicine reduces the excitability of heart muscles and stabilises the tone of heart muscles.
Directions for Use of Amione 200mg Tab
- Take the medicine exactly in doses and frequency as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not skip or stop taking the medicine on your own as it leads to serious complications.
Interactions of Amione 200mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way Amione Tablet works or Amione itself alter the actions of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the doctor about the complete medication history including supplements, herbals and non-prescription medicines.Read less
- The medicine must not be used simultaneously with certain medicines used to treat heart problems, anti-infectives, medicines used for brain-related disorders, statins and medicines for the treatment of hepatitis C must be used cautiously.Read less
- Concomitant use of medicines like amphotericin (used in fungal infections), steroids like betamethasone, general anaesthetics or high dose oxygen used during surgery, water pills may increase the chance of side effects.Read less
Interactions with food items
Consuming grapefruit juice while on treatment with Amione Tablet increases the chances of side effects.
Storage and disposal of Amione 200mg Tab
- Store Amione Tablet at a cool dry place and keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Medicines should not be disposed of with household waste, ask the local pharmacist for a safe method of disposal.
Dosage of Amione 200mg Tab
An overdose of the medicine may lead to liver injury, slow heartbeats, heart block leading to a fall in blood pressure and experience symptoms like dizziness, unconsciousness, confusion. If you have taken too much of the medicine, then contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Always carry the strip of remaining medicine for easy prediction of the extent of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Amione Tablet used for?
A: The medicine used for the treatment of a certain type of arrhythmia (irregular heart rhythm disorder).
Q: Can the medicine be stopped suddenly?
A: No, Amione Tablet helps to maintain the rate and rhythm at which your heartbeats. A sudden withdrawal of the medicine leads to a change in the heart's rhythm and cause danger.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Amiodarone 200mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Drugs H. Amiodarone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Alcohol May Cause You to Develop Irregular Heartbeats [Internet]. Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 04:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved