Amazeo Od 100mg Tablet
Amazeo Od 100 MG Description
Amazeo Od 100mg Tablet is used for managing disorders like schizophrenia. It has a composition of Amisulpride. It belongs to a class of atypical antipsychotic medicines. It works by blocking receptor
s and increasing dopamine and serotonin levels in the brain. These are chemical substances that help stabilise the mood and prevent the overactivity of the nerve cells in the brain. Schizophrenia is a condition that affects the person's ability to think, feel and behave correctly. Amazeo Od 100mg Tablet helps stabilise symptoms like irritability, anxiety, and other behaviours in people suffering from schizophrenia. This medicine is also used in managing nausea and vomiting at low doses. It cannot be used by children under 18 years of age. It does not have habit-forming tendencies. Amazeo Od Tablet has side effects like nausea, dizziness, vomiting, etc. Before using this medicine, inform your doctor about all the medicines you take to prevent drug interaction and adverse effects. Also, tell your doctor if you are suffering from heart diseases, kidney, liver problems, seizures, etc. You cannot use this medicine in some conditions, and the dose needs to be adjusted in others.
|Side effects||Blurred vision, Constipation, Nausea, Tremors, Dizziness, Anxiety, Increased saliva secretion, Weight gain.|
Uses of Amazeo Od 100 MG
- Treatment of acute and chronic schizophrenic disorders.
Contraindications of Amazeo Od 100 MG
Side effects of Amazeo Od 100 MG
- Blurred vision
- Increased saliva secretion
- Weight gain
- Disclaimer - Most of these side effects do not require medical treatment, and they will disappear once you have adjusted to the dose. But, if any of these conditions persist for a long duration, consult your doctor immediately....
Precautions and Warnings of Amazeo Od 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any previous mild liver or kidney condition, this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinner, use this tablet with caution.
- You are using any medications like painkillers that cause sedation or tranquillisation.
- You have a seizure disorder and are on anti-epileptic tablets, do not use it without informing your doctor.
- You have any heart condition, be cautious while using this medicine.
- You have any suicidal or self-harming thoughts, talk to your doctor.
- You are using any herbal medicines or supplements, they can interfere with this medicine.
- The effects of this medicine are exaggerated in older patients, so use it with caution.
- Monitor your blood glucose levels, as this medicine can cause fluctuations in blood glucose levels.
Mode of Action of Amazeo Od 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amazeo Od 100 MG
- Take the Amazeo Od Tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Take the pill as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects.
Interactions of Amazeo Od 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- It is not recommended to use Amazeo Od Tablet with Levodopa for Parkinson’s disease, as they have exactly opposite effects.
- If you are using a medicine that lowers potassium like diuretics, laxatives, etc. Sulpitac tablet can lower potassium even more and cause adverse effects
- If you use medicines that lower heart rates, this medicine can reduce heart rates even more.
- If you are already using other antipsychotic, antidepressant, or anti-seizure medicine, using Sulpitac tablets can cause severe side effects.
- Be cautious if you use other sedatives, heart medicines, antimalarial medicines, antihistamines, etc. All of them can cause drug interactions.
Interactions with food items
- Food doesn’t influence the effect of Amazeo Od Tablet. Talk to your doctor about any supplements or herbal drinks you are taking before using Amazeo Od Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Amazeo Od 100 MG
Dosage of Amazeo Od 100 MG
- Amazeo Od Tablet overdose can cause dizziness, tremors, agitation, convulsion, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, increased heart rate, sleep disturbances, confusion, diminished reflexes, and coma. If you overdose on this medicine and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
Dr. Zishan Ahmad
Final year MBBS Student
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Amazeo Od 100mg Tablet cause weight gain?
Q: Can I use Amazeo Od 100mg Tablet for depression?
- Amazeo Od Tablet has been approved for mild forms of depression in some countries. Recent studies have shown improvements in people suffering from depression. But, do not use it for depression or any mood disorder without consulting your doctor. This medicine must be carefully monitored....
- Amisulpride 100mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 January 2022]. Available from:
- Amisulpride: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2022 [cited 20 January 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 January 2022]. Available from:
- Stewart M. Amisulpride tablets info. Amilsupride side effects - Patient [Internet]. Patient.info. 2022 [cited 20 January 2022]. Available from: