Amaryl 1mg Tab 30`s
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amaryl 1 mg tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing Glimepiride as its active ingredient. It is helpful for type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet & exercise alone are not able to control your blood sugar levels. Avoid taking Amaryl 1 mg tablets if you are allergic to it, have any liver or kidney diseases or have type 1 diabetes. Take Amaryl 1 mg tablet in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken after having your food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Amaryl 1mg Tab 30`S
Amaryl 1 mg tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet and exercise fail to control your blood sugar levels.
Contraindications of Amaryl 1mg Tab 30`S
- If you have an allergy to Glimepiride or Sulfonylureas or Sulfonamides or any other ingredients of Amaryl 1 mg tablets.
- If you have type1 diabetes.
- If you have the following signs like fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness (due to diabetic ketoacidosis).
- If you have severe kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Amaryl 1mg Tab 30`S
- Lightheadedness or dizziness.
- Abnormal taste sensation.
- Weight gain.
- Severe low blood sugar level (hypoglycaemia), including loss of consciousness, fits or coma.
- Allergic reactions like skin rash, breathing difficulty, drop in blood pressure.
- Abnormal liver function including yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice), itchy skin, dark colored urine, pale stool or tar-colored stool.
Precautions and Warnings of Amaryl 1mg Tab 30`S
Can I take Amaryl 1 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Amaryl 1 mg tablets should not be used during pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby, your doctor may switch to insulin therapy.
Can I take Amaryl 1 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
- Glimepiride may pass into breast milk and should not be taken during breastfeeding.
- If you are on Amaryl 1 mg tablet (prescribed by a physician), then monitor your breastfed baby for signs of low blood glucose levels such as irritation, sleepiness, poor feeding, fits, low body temperature.read less
Can I drive if I have consumed Amaryl 1 mg tablet?
- Amaryl 1 mg tablet can cause low blood sugar levels, which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycaemia.
- Keep a juice or a bar of chocolate in the car close to you while driving and in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycaemia, immediately drink the juice or eat the chocolate bar. Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.read less
Can I consume alcohol with Amaryl 1 mg tablet?
Be cautious not to drink alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice.read less
- You are suffering from severe liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have G6PD deficiency, and Glimepiride can cause hemolytic anaemia (destruction of red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Amaryl 1mg Tab 30`S
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. The cells then use it as fuel for energy.
- In type 2 diabetes, your body doesn’t make enough insulin or doesn’t utilize insulin properly, so the sugar is not able to enter the cells and stays in your bloodstream.
- Glimepiride increases the amount of insulin released from your pancreas. This insulin then lowers your blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Amaryl 1mg Tab 30`S
Amaryl 1 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with or after a meal to reduce its side effects. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Amaryl 1mg Tab 30`S
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Amaryl 1 mg tablet.
- These medicines along with Amaryl 1 mg tablets can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose levels: Fluconazole, Aspirin, antidiabetic products like Metformin, Insulin, Warfarin, Ramipril, Lisinopril, Allopurinol.read less
- These medicines can interfere with Amaryl 1 mg tablet and cause an increase in blood glucose: Oestrogens, Progestogens, Diuretics, Levothyroxine, Rifampicin, Glucocorticoids, Chlorpromazine.
- Beta-blockers (e.g. Propranolol) poses the risk of excessive fall in blood sugar levels. They may also hide sure signs of low blood sugar.
Interactions with food items
You should have a diabetic diet as advised by your doctor or dietician. Amaryl 1 mg tablet works best along with a proper diet and exercise. Exercise is known to decrease insulin resistance.
Storage and disposal of Amaryl 1mg Tab 30`S
Amaryl 1 mg tablets do not require any special storage conditions. Try to keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Amaryl 1mg Tab 30`S
- Overdose can cause low blood sugar levels, which can cause nausea, vomiting, restlessness, tremor, visual disturbances, sleepiness, coma.
- Immediately consume some sugar or sugar-containing drink.
- If the person has fainted, do not give food or drink.
- You must seek immediate emergency medical care if you suspect an overdose with Amaryl 1 mg tablets.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Amaryl 1 mg tablet, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
- Taking a dual dose can lead to a dangerous fall in blood glucose levels.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which blood tests should I do to check if my diabetes is under control?
- You may do tests like fasting blood glucose, post-meal blood glucose (postprandial blood glucose), HbA1C.
- It is advisable to do tests like kidney/ renal function test, liver function test, an eye test, at least once a year as diabetes is known to affect your eyes, liver and even kidneys.
Q: What diet should I follow along with Amaryl 1 mg tablet?
- Diet should include chapatis, multigrain bread, rice with vegetables, sprouts, roasted grams, plain cooked dal, soups, steamed vegetables, vegetables cooked with less oil, Jamun berry, orange, guava, apple, watermelon, papaya, cow’s milk, curd, thin buttermilk, fish (grilled, baked or steamed), peanuts, cashew nuts, walnuts (handful).read less
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Avoiding maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc can help.
- Avoiding cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, packaged food is recommended.
Q: My blood sugar drops quite often. What should I do?
- Talk to your doctor about these frequent episodes of low blood glucose if need be, your doctor may decrease the dose of your medicine or change its timing.
- Have your meals on time, never skip or delay your meals.
- Do not drastically change your diet unless told by your doctor or dietician.
- Avoid excessive intake of alcohol.
- Do not over-exercise.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved