Alpracad 0.5mg Tablet
Alpracad 0.5 MG Description
Alpracad 0.5mg tablet belongs to the class of 'anxiolytic' medicines (reduces anxiety), used primarily to treat severe anxiety over a short period, panic disorder with or without agoraphobia (an anxi
ety disorder that causes people to be afraid of certain things). Alpracad 0.5mg tablet contains alprazolam as its active ingredient. Alpracad 0.5mg tablet alleviates anxiety/panic by reducing abnormal and excessive nerve cell stimulation in the brain. Side effects of Alpracad 0.5mg tablet include sleepiness, drowsiness, headaches, irregular heartbeats, dry mouth, constipation, nausea, weight gain, slurred or slow speech, and congested nose. Most of these symptoms resolve on their own without any medical assistance. However, if they persist or worsen, speak to your doctor. You must follow the instructions given by your doctor when taking Alpracad 0.5mg tablet. It is recommended that you take Alpracad 0.5mg tablet for as long as your physician has prescribed it for you, based on your medical situation and response to treatment. Alpracad 0.5mg tablet is not to be taken by those under 18 years of age unless advised by the doctor.
|You Save||₹190.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of the blood pressure on standing up), Increased heart rate, Sleepiness, Sweating, Dizziness, Headache, Nausea|
Uses of Alpracad 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, the medicine, Alpracad 0.5mg tablet has its usage in anxiety disorder and panic disorder.
Contraindications of Alpracad 0.5 MG
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- If you have liver disease
- If you have seizure disorders (fits)
- If you suffer from neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS)
- If you have kidney diseases
- If you have an enlarged prostate gland
- If you have dementia (loss of cognitive functioning like thinking, remembering, and reasoning)
- If you're allergic to the composition of Alpracad 0.5mg tablet
- If you have any central nervous system depressio
Side effects of Alpracad 0.5 MG
- Dryness in mouth
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of the blood pressure on standing up)
- Increased heart rate
- Speech disorder
- Difficulty in paying attention
Precautions and Warnings of Alpracad 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are below 18 years of age.
- You have severe liver disorders.
- You have severe kidney disorders.
Mode of Action of Alpracad 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alpracad 0.5 MG
- Take Alpracad 0.5 mg as prescribed by your physician.
- Swallow the tablet orally without chewing or crushing it.
- Take Alpracad 0.5 mg with or without food.
Interactions of Alpracad 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Painkillers - morphine, codeine, dihydrocodeine, buprenorphine
- Antihistamines/antiallergics- chlorphenamine, diphenhydramine, promethazine
- Antifungal- fluconazole
- Oral contraceptives- the pill
- Certain antibiotics- erythromycin
- Medicines used for treating stomach ulcers - cimetidine
- Medicines used in the treatment of angina and high blood pressure - diltiazem
- Medicines used in the treatment of various heart conditions - digoxin
- Medicines used for treating HIV - ritonavir
- Antipsychotic medicines that are used to treat mental illnesses like schizophrenia
- Medicines to treat epilepsy
Interactions with food items
- Avoid drinking grape juice with an Alpracad 0.5mg tablet.
Storage and disposal of Alpracad 0.5 MG
Dosage of Alpracad 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the dosage change the way Alpracad 0.5mg tablet affects you?
Q: What is the recommended duration of taking an Alpracad 0.5mg tablet?
Q: Can an Alpracad 0.5mg tablet be used if I have heart palpitations?
- Drugs, H., 2022. Alprazolam: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: <https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a684001.html> [Accessed 21 January 2022].
- George, T. and Tripp, J., 2022. Alprazolam. [online] Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Available at: <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK538165/> [Accessed 21 January 2022].
- Gov.in. [cited 2022 Jan 24]. Available from:
- Alprazolam (xanax). Med Lett Drugs Ther [Internet]. 1982 [cited 2022 Jan 24];24(607):41–2. Available from:
- Ait-Daoud N, Hamby AS, Sharma S, Blevins D. A review of alprazolam use, misuse, and withdrawal. J Addict Med [Internet]. 2018 [cited 2022 Jan 24];12(1):4–10. Available from: