Allercet M Tablet
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Allercet M Tablet is a combination medicine that contains levocetirizine and montelukast. It is used to relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis like red watery eyes, sneezing, a runny nose. It also helps to relieve other allergic conditions that include itching. This tablet may make you feel sleepy and drowsy, and hence it is recommended to take rest and avoid doing activities that require extreme mental alertness, like driving after taking this tablet. Some other common side effects of this tablet are feeling weak, stomach pain, dry mouth and headache. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before using the medicine.
Uses of Allercet M Tablet
For the treatment of allergic rhinitis.
Contraindications of Allercet M Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine like Levocetirizine, Cetirizine or Montelukast.
- If you have kidney problems or are undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Allercet M Tablet
- Stomach pain
- A dry mouth
- Tiredness or weakness
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Indigestion or dyspepsia
Precautions and Warnings of Allercet M Tablet
Can I take the Allercet M Tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine in pregnancy is not established. Do not take this medicine unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Allercet M Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can harm the baby.
- It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Allercet M Tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Allercet M Tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness. You should also not drink alcohol if you are taking any medicines for sleeplessness as the side effects may worsen.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to the active components of the medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are taking medicines that might make you sleepy or drowsy.
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause negative thoughts and mood swings. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
- This medicine is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Allercet M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Allercet M Tablet
Take the medicines in the correct doses and for the exact duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not break or crush the tablet. Do not consume the medicine if it has passed its expiry date.
Interactions of Allercet M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Taking Allercet M tablet along with the following medicines may cause undesired effects:
- Medicines used to treat fits like Phenytoin.
- Medicines used to treat mood disorders or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin.
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Allercet M Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Allercet M Tablet
- Symptoms of an overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have mood disorders, can this medicine worsen it?
A: This medicine is known to cause side effects like mood disorders, irritability and negative thoughts. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take this medicine during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: I am taking Calpol 500 mg tablet, can I take the Allercet M tablet along with it?
A: Calpol Tablet helps to relieve pain and reduce fever while Allercet M tablet is antiallergic that helps to relieve allergic symptoms. Taking this combination of medicines should be avoided unless it is recommended by your doctor.
Q: Is this medicine addictive?
A: No, this medicine is not addictive.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 20 Apr 2021 | 10:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved