Alerfix Total Tablet
Alerfix Total Tablet Description
Alerfix Total Tablet contains a combination of montelukast, levocetirizine and ambroxol as active substances. It is used to treat symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny or stuffy nose, sneezin
g, red, itchy and watery eyes, productive (wet) cough and to treat blockage, swelling and irritation associated with bronchial asthma. Alerfix Total Tablet works by blocking the chemical substances leukotrienes and histamine responsible for causing allergic symptoms. This medicine also helps to loosen the mucous thus making breathing easy. Alerfix Total Tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Take it as in the exact dose and for the prescribed duration.
- Kylazine Total Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 139.00₹ 118.15₹
- Lukotas Hd Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 214.00₹ 181.90₹
- Montemac Al Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 173.80₹ 147.73₹
Uses of Alerfix Total Tablet
Contraindications of Alerfix Total Tablet
- If you are allergic to montelukast, levocetirizine, ambroxol, or any other component of Alerfix Total Tablet.
- If you have kidney failure.
Side effects of Alerfix Total Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Alerfix Total Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have or had any kidney disease or disorder.
- You are giving it to the elderly patient with age more than 65 years.
- You experience any psychiatric events after taking Alerfix Total Tablet.
- You experience any unusual symptoms.
- You plan to undergo allergy skin tests.
- Alerfix Total Tablet should not be replaced with other medicine suddenly.
- Alerfix Total Tablet should not be used for acute asthma attacks.
- Alerfix Total Tablet should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Alerfix Total Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast helps control the symptoms by blocking the actions of substances in the body called leukotrienes, which cause narrowing and swelling of airways in the lungs and cause symptoms of allergic rhinitis and asthma....
- Levocetirizine acts by blocking the action of histamine, a natural substance produced by the body during an allergic reaction and improves allergic symptoms like sneezing, watery eyes, throat irritation....
- Ambroxol clears the chest by thinning and loosening the mucous (phlegm) in the airway tract. Therefore, it improves breathing and reduces cough.
Directions for Use of Alerfix Total Tablet
- Alerfix Total Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Alerfix Total Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Alerfix Total Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicine used to treat fits and tuberculosis such as phenytoin, phenobarbital and rifampin decrease the effect of Alerfix Total Tablet when co-administered.
- Medicine used to treat abnormal blood lipid levels such as gemfibrozil may increase the effect of Alerfix Total Tablet when co-administered.
- Medicine used to treat a viral infection like ritonavir increases the effect of Alerfix Total Tablet when co-administered.
Storage and disposal of Alerfix Total Tablet
- Store Alerfix Total Tablet at a temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alerfix Total Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Alerfix Total Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I take an additional dose of Alerfix Total Tablet during a sudden asthma attack?
Q: Can I take Alerfix Total Tablet for a dry cough?
- Montelukast 10 mg film coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Gee LS. Shinoxol Tablet [Internet]. National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA). 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]